RAC Conference Call Availability

Regional Action Coordinator Ontario

Nov 5, 2010, 11:54:30 PM11/5/10
to Ontario Sustainable Campuses
Hey Folks,

My name is Andrew McAllister and I am the incoming Ontario Regional Action Coordinator for the Sierra Youth Coalition.  Let me first begin by first expressing a warm WELCOME to the Ontario Sustainable Campuses Network!  You are part of one of the strongest environmental and social justice networks in Canada.  As Regional Action Coordinator, I look forward to strengthening this network and helping students from across Ontario organize campaigns to tackle regional issues on our campuses.  Here at the Sierra Youth Coalition, one way we achieve this is through the conference calls of the Regional Action Committee.

What is the Regional Action Committee?
The Regional Action Committee (RAC) consists of inspiring representatives from various university and college campuses across Ontario.  RAC members meet over monthly conference calls to support and learn from each other, build a provincial network, and catalyze campus sustainability initiatives.

Who can be involved?
ANYONE!  From seasoned activists to first year students, sustainability coordinators, and people who have a passion for the environment - everyone is welcome to participate and share their ideas. In gathering various levels of experience we have the opportunity to mentor and to learn.

How do I get involved?
Join us for the first conference call!  Complete the following poll with your availability no later than November 10: http://doodle.com/smnk9n6pc75amas4 An email with the final conference call date will be sent next weekend along with the agenda.

The Sierra Youth Coalition

The Sierra Youth Coalition is a national, youth driven, and diverse non-profit organization working in Canada.  Though grassroots action, SYC aims to address globalization, consumption, and climate change through a solutions based approach of promoting education for sustainability, bioregionalism, sustainable communities, and lifestyle simplicity.

The Sierra Youth Coalition, in each of our programs areas strives to achieve the following objectives:

  • Involve: empower youth in Canada to become active members of their community
  • Educate: create a widespread understanding that all things are connected
  • Change: challenge unjust and unsustainable systems by using a solutions based approach

In solidarity,

Andrew McAllister
Ontario Regional Action Committee Coordinator - Coordonnateur ontarien d'actions régionales
Sustainable Campuses - Campus durables
Sierra Youth Coalition - Coalition jeunesse Sierra

Tel: 647.770.0431

www.syc-cjs.org/ontario

The Sierra Youth Coalition is a membership based and directed organization.

Support and engage with our work by becoming a member!