Conference Call and Profiles

Regional Action Coordinator Ontario

Jan 11, 2011, 12:32:49 PM1/11/11
to Ontario Sustainable Campuses

Welcome Back!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable and relaxing holiday.  I’d first of all like to thank everyone who made it to our conference call in November.  We had a great discussion about sustainability initiatives on our campuses and started the year off with a bang!  If you were not able to make it, please check out our recently updated (that’s right) website for the minutes (
http://www.syc-cjs.org/ontario/action).  Wondering what SYC has been up to in the past few weeks?  I am pleased to report of a new project I have been working on with our National Office.  Do you find it challenging to share resources with other students and develop new campaign to tackle environmental issues on campus?  Have no fear because CAMPUS PROFILES are here!

What is a campus profile?

A campus profile is an online questionnaire that will be used to assess campus sustainability initiatives at universities and collages across Ontario.

Who can fill out the campus profile?

YOU CAN!  We are asking that one person from each campus take a few minutes to fill it out.  Feel free to team up with another person or group from your campus and work on it together!

What will happen after I complete the profile?

Completed profiles will be posted on our website (http://www.syc-cjs.org/ontario/campuses) for all to see!  This way if you find yourself wondering what campaigns Ryerson, Lakehead, or Humber are working on you’ll have the answer right in front of you!  Not to mention there will also be contact information for people running these campaigns so you can get in touch with them about any questions you might have.

When can I fill out my campus profile?

Glad you’re as excited as I am!  The questionnaire is now live and ready to be filled out by easer environmental activists from across the province right here: http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=HMHDHF_7c86c13c.

Please remember to forward your campaign documents and resources to ontario...@syc-cjs.org after completing your profile so we can post these online as well.  Our goal is to launch these profiles at the end of the month.  If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.  I would gladly help anyone fill out a profile for their campus.

Conference Calls are Back!

It’s that time again for the next conference call of the Regional Action Committee!  Whether you are a student, environmental activist, sustainability coordinator, or have a passion for the natural world – everyone is welcome to participate and share their ideas.  Please complete the following poll with your availability (http://doodle.com/2iasqb6zy8uauh9v) OR email me your availability for Tuesday, January 25th and Wednesday, January 26th at 3pm and 4pm.  Please have your availability sent in no later than this Friday along with any topics you would like to have on the agenda.

In solidarity,

Andrew McAllister
Ontario Regional Action Committee Coordinator - Coordonnateur ontarien d'actions régionales
Sustainable Campuses - Campus durables
Sierra Youth Coalition - Coalition jeunesse Sierra

Tel: 647.770.0431

www.syc-cjs.org/ontario

The Sierra Youth Coalition is a membership based and directed organization.

Support and engage with our work by becoming a member!