Seasons Greetings!

Regional Action Coordinator Ontario

Dec 31, 2010, 4:53:17 AM12/31/10
to Ontario Sustainable Campuses

Seasons Greetings!

As the holiday season and New Year are upon us, the SYC team would like to take a few minutes to thank each of you for your hard work and dedication towards making your campus a more sustainable place to be.  Each and everyday, we are winning victories on campuses from coast to coast.  From local food purchasing policies, to bottled water free zones, renewable energy projects, and changes to waste management programs, students are leading the way to a more sustainable future.

Since the fall, SYC has been working on a wide range of projects across the country.  This October, we held our 12th Annual National Sustainable Campuses Conference in Kingston, Ontario, where students gathered to discuss sustainability initiatives on their campus and share experiences with one another.  Our Coordinator of Sustainable Campuses’ has also been on the road (or tracks that is – thanks to our sustainable transportation partner VIA Rail) for the past few weeks to report on the state of campus sustainability.  Check out the new blog outlining the journey (http://sustainabilitystream.wordpress.com) and stay tuned for the final report of our findings in the New Year.

On a final note, I would like to remind everyone just how important our work truly is.  Whether it is a conference call or sharing campaign ideas and resources with campuses from across the province – our work goes far beyond the walls of our colleges and universities.  We are part of a global movement that is shaping the very foundation of our world, and sending a clear message to political leaders that we will take action for the planet!

We invite you to continue to stay involved in our work, and look forward to your support in the New Year.  We have some big plans for 2011 – so stay tuned, rest up, and get ready to shake up the environmental movement!

Save the Date!

Western Regional Conference – University of British Columbia, March 4-7

Eastern Regional Conference – Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières, March 17-19

In solidarity,

Andrew McAllister
Ontario Regional Action Committee Coordinator - Coordonnateur ontarien d'actions régionales
Sustainable Campuses - Campus durables
Sierra Youth Coalition - Coalition jeunesse Sierra

Tel: 647.770.0431

www.syc-cjs.org/ontario

The Sierra Youth Coalition is a membership based and directed organization.

Support and engage with our work by becoming a member!