Sustainable Campuses Sustainable Food Conference Call.. All welcome, Monday at 2pm

Carly Joynt

May 14, 2010, 11:51:31 AM5/14/10
to ontario-sustai...@googlegroups.com

Hello hello,

 I hope you're all well and enjoying the spring, appreciating all of the little plants that are pushing their way through the soil and in your gardens! In fact, that's exactly what I'd like to chat to you about: FOOD!

Or campus food sustainability rather. Many of you have had unique experiences, successes and challenges organizing around food issues on campus. And we are interested in hearing about them.

Join our conference call Monday at 2pm to chat about developing a dynamic and exciting food campaign that will bring about real transformations to our campus services and provide yummy, sustainable and local options for students across Ontario.

 Right now the climate is right to start organizing around these issues, we are seeing the emergence of numerous groups working on food sovereignty issues, permaculture, local farming and community agriculture. I believe that we as a network have the expertise and know how to help see these issues catapulted onto campuses in an exciting meaningful way.

Sustainable Campuses Food issues call:

Monday May 14 at 2pm

Call in details:

Canada U.S 1-888-882-9090

Toronto (416) 342 1900

Calgary Region: 403-770-0861

Ottawa Region: 613-212-9004

Edmonton: 780-701-5553

Vancouver 604-630-0213

Participant Code: 6230282

RSVP to me: Ont...@syc-cjs.org

Hope to ‘see’ you there!

 Oh and just to get you in the mood, here is a list of some wild edibles that are harvestable right now:

Dandelion: You can eat the leaves and the flowers! The leaves have tons of vitamin A and are great for detoxifying our blood and liver. Roots can be baked and ground as a coffee substitute

Plantain: Leaves can be eaten raw in salad, or cooked and serves with butter. These grow all over our lawns and in fields

Violets: Also grow all over the urban jungle and we can eat leaves and tasty tasty flowers...yum

 Much more to be shared on our phone call!

--
_____________________________________
Carly Joynt

“The world needs ‘dreamers’ and the world needs ‘doers’. But most of all, what the world needs is dreamers who do.”
- Sarah Ban Breathnach

The Sierra Youth Coalition is a membership based and directed
organization. Support and engage with our work by becoming a member!!
https://getinvolved.sierraclub.ca/join.php

Antoinette Battaglia

May 17, 2010, 12:05:39 PM5/17/10
to Carly Joynt, ontario-sustai...@googlegroups.com
This is today, right? Monday May 17th? Or was this on Friday?