JOB Opportunity: P.I.N.E. Project

1 view

Carly Joynt

Jun 10, 2010, 9:18:42 PM6/10/10
to ontario-sustai...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!

I hope summer break is treating you well and that the job hunt has been fruitful. I will be keeping my ears open for job opportunities within our network and elsewhere to pass onto you as I hear about them. Which, in fact, is why I'm writing.

The P.E.N.E. Project; one of the organizations that ran a workshop at the conference this January entitled Sustainability and Knowledge of Place, is hiring for a Summer Program Staff person. If you attended this workshop and enjoyed it, or if you are interested in nature connection as it relates to sustainability and the larger picture check out the posting below.

Happy Summer,
and please stay in touch!
xo

JOB OPPORTUNITY

Summer Program Staff

The P.I.N.E. Project

Job Classification: Full-time Position

Timeline: Position begins immediately and runs until Aug. 25

Application Deadline: June, 18/2010

Position Title: Summer Program Staff

Wage: $10.25/ hr

Location: Toronto- Parkdale/ High Park, Green Spaces, and beyond.

Funding Provided by: Service Canada- Canada Summer Jobs

Who We Are

The Primitive Integrated Naturalist Education (P.I.N.E.) Project is a registered non-profit organization that delivers environmental education programs to children and adults through primitive and indigenous teachings, skills and naturalist studies. P.I.N.E.’s mission is to inspire lifelong connections between people and nature. This summer P.I.N.E. will be running week long summer camps throughout July as well as hosting a monthly tracking club and various skills based workshops. To learn more about individual programs please visit our website: www.pineproject.org

Duties and Responsibilities

The role of the Summer Program Staff will be to support P.I.N.E. summer program delivery and administration. The staff member will assist in the facilitation of outdoor programs and the various administrative aspects of the programs. Weekly expectations may include, but are not limited to:

  • Assist P.I.N.E. project instructors with program set up and delivery
  • Assist in providing positive learning and recreational experiences for children and youth
  • Communications and outreach support for various summer programs
  • Assist in the development and upkeep of online outreach, social media
  • Provide logistical support for exciting summer programs and workshops
  • Support the P.I.N.E. project fundraising activities
  • Administrative duties such as computer work, data entry, and general organizational support
  • Be prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions!

Qualifications:

 The Summer Program Staff must:

  • Be enthusiastic, outgoing, flexible, and self-motivated
  • Be a student between the ages of 18 and 30 who intends to return to school in the upcoming academic year (2010/2011)
  • Have experience working with children
  • Have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team
  • Possess good communication, time management, and organizational skills
  • Identify with the P.I.N.E. Project’s mission statement and core values

Preference will also be given to candidates with experience and interests in the following areas:

  • Summer camp settings (day camp or residential)
  • Outdoor and environmental education
  • Naturalist experience and knowledge
  • Survival skills, wilderness experience
  • Website experience
  • Communications and outreach

  Application Procedure:

Interested applicants are asked to forward a copy of their cover letter and resume by email to Executive Director, Andrew McMartin at and...@pineproject.org

For more information on The P.I.N.E. Project please visit our website: www.pineproject.org

Thanks to Service Canada for providing opportunities for youth to be employed with meaningful work.

--
Carly Joynt

“The world needs ‘dreamers’ and the world needs ‘doers’. But most of all, what the world needs is dreamers who do.”
- Sarah Ban Breathnach

The Sierra Youth Coalition is a membership based and directed
organization. Support and engage with our work by becoming a member!!
https://getinvolved.sierraclub.ca/join.php