CANADIAN BUSINESS COLLEGE IS SCAM(CBSTRAINING.COM)

Ali Jamal

Sep 4, 2001, 7:42:59 PM9/4/01
Dear Concerned,

DON'T EVER TAKE COURSES AT CANADIAN BUSINESS COLLEGE!!!!!

WWW.CBSTRAINING.COM IS A JOKE!!

I have been ripped $9,500 tuition and now they are not answering my emails.
THEY DON'T HAVE ANY PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS, CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT IS FILTHY,
COMPUTERS ARE CHEAP AND OLD. THEY ARE SCAMMING STUDENTS BY FALSE
ADVERTISEMENTS. BEWARE I HAVE BEEN A VICTIM OF THIS. I WILL MAKE SURE THAT
NO ONE EVER FALLS FOR THIS KIND OF PROPAGANDA. THIS IMPLIES FOR ALL THE
COURSES TAKEN NOT FOR JUST ORACLE. STUDENTS REALIZE LATER AFTER THEY HAVE
REGISTERED. THEY CANNOT BACK OUT BECAUSE MOST OF THEM ARE EI RECIPIENTS
(DON'T BOTHER COMPLAINING).

I know that I am not alone having fallen in the trap at CBSTRAINING (
CANADIAN BUSINESS COLLEGE) School located in Scarborough. I quit my good job
to upgrade my Oracle Skills and for a better career at CBSTRAINING, and
later found out that the School is NOT WHAT THEY ADVERTISE TO BE. I have
paid $9500 for tuition fees (which I haven't received) and $1995 for the
books.

Here are my facts:

THE CLASSROOM
- There is no designated classroom for ORACLE. Students are placed in a
noisy room filled with 25-30 students, photocopier machine, printers, and
close to the lunch room

NO INSTRUCTOR LED
- I was charged $9500 for tuition but the program is not instructor led. All
I was given was books and the computer. There is no ORACLE 8i certified
professional present at CBSTRAINING location in Scarborough. Students are
left on their own with the general help available from the Staff. By general
help I mean that any computer related problems, printers etc. If I am stuck
with an Oracle question I am on my own

COMPUTERS
- They expect you to install Oracle 8i on a machine having 128 RAM.
Installation kept crashing 5-6 due to times due to the insufficient RAM.
When brought the ISSUE OF INSUFFICIENT RAM, I was told that the school is
over its budget limit.

ORACLE COURSE
- CBSTRAINING is claiming that the ORACLE OCP DBA course is approved by
Oracle Corporation. If Oracle Corporation has really approved the way the
course is conducted at CBSTRAINING, then I feel very sorry for the Oracle
Students. My friends you are not learning anything at CBSTRAINING, except
given books and GO FIGURE OUT YOURSELF. I am aware that Oracle Corporation
requires its student to get trained so that they are ready for the REAL LIFE
SCENARIO. What has the CBSTRAINING done to achieve this? Are there any
special room designated for the ORACLE course? (NO!!). Are there any
databases installed to show the students as how oracle works with the
internet integration? (No!!) Is there any database scenarios created so that
the student gets the idea as to how the Oracle 8i is different than its
predecessors? (No!!) Are there any demonstrations from any instructors
(NO!!!). Are there qualified Oracle instructors? (NO!!!). Oracle doesn't
expect students to learn the ORACLE COURSE just by reading their books.

I fell a victim of their FALSE advertisement and I want to prevent this from
happening to anyone. I had high expectations that I would achieve a high
Oracle qualified training from CBSTRAINING but I regret to inform that this
is not the case. I have passed my 3 exams by studying on my own but HAS
CBSTRAINING trained me to be a DBA? The answer is NO!!!!!!!. I fell the
victim of their ADVERTISEMENT PROPAGANDA. When I brought these issues to the
principal, instead of agreeing with them he is shielding himself with
policies, satisfaction.

Please if you are/were student at CBS training and were a victim like me
then I would love to hear from you. Can someone please help me in this
matter. I have knocked few doors but no help is given. Please HELP ME OUT. I
may file an action against the School but need support. You can reach me at
ali_...@hotmail.com

Thanks for your time.

DIV

Sep 4, 2001, 8:35:56 PM9/4/01
Very cool post, Ali.

"Lancomm" on Bloor and Lansdowne is another example of a nasty school, in
which I got nothing out of it. Don't waste your time or money on that
"school". It is to laugh..... har har...

Too bad there isn't any "tor.comp.schools.bitchout" newsgroups.. ; P

"Ali Jamal" <ali_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Afzan J.

Sep 4, 2001, 8:40:11 PM9/4/01
Add HiTech Institute on yonge/bloor to that list..

"DIV" <sup...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

J.T.

Sep 4, 2001, 9:29:16 PM9/4/01

Which is why you are supposed to visit the prospective "training centers"
and check them out BEFORE paying...
I feel sorry for your unfortunate situation, but at the same time, you
should have done more research.

You should complain to Oracle (they are claiming Oracle certified) and to
the Better Business Bureau (false advertising)
to try to get your money back.

J.T.

Hugh Jass

Sep 5, 2001, 7:47:25 AM9/5/01
Better Business Bureau.....hahaha....doesn't exist anymore

J.T. <jt...@HAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message

Steve Marskell

Sep 5, 2001, 11:13:09 AM9/5/01
A google search found them in the US and Canada.

try Canadian Council of Better Business Bureaus......

Jason Ducharme

Sep 5, 2001, 12:56:41 PM9/5/01
Its long been my understanding that there are two types of post-secondary
institutions in Canada - accredited and non-accredited. An accredited
institution is usually a safe bet. They are accredited by the Ministry of
Education and therefore must adhere to certain standards. These are usually
universities and community colleges.

Non-accredited are privately run and pretty much non-regulated. If Joe Blow
wants to open Joe Blow's Computer Institute, he is free to do so. He can
set the curriculum, fees, and class structure as he sees fit. The value of
the diploma or certificate you earn is often dubious at best. Better if
you can also earn an industry certification, Oracle, Microsoft, Cisko, etc.
It is truly buyer beware, as your testimony indicates.

In addition to the action you are taking, I would also telephone your city
counselor, MPP and/or MP, and write a letter to the Minister of Education
calling for some sort of regulation on these types of schools. Too many
people are paying big bucks for poor quality training. Unfortunately, a lot
of these people are immigrants and refugees who either don't know the
Canadian school system or can't get their foreign education recognized in
order to get into an accredited school.

Steve Marskell

Sep 5, 2001, 11:13:09 AM9/5/01
| NOTE: The original article was canceled by someone at GTS.NET, |
| presumably Bruce Becker <b...@Oghenefega.gts.org>. Bruce Becker |
| has a history of censoring posts that he does not like. Please |
| help put a stop to these rogue cancels by sending a complaint to: |
| <ab...@netcom.ca>. Make sure you include all of the headers of the |
| cancel in your complaint. (See the bottom of this article for a |
| copy of the cancel.) If you have further questions, you may send |
| email to <resur...@mindspring.com>. |
|_____________________________________________________________________|

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:
Control: cancel <3B96414C...@home.com>
Newsgroups: tor.general.ctl
From: Steve Marskell <smar...@home.com>
Subject: cmsg cancel <3B96414C...@home.com> ignore
Sender: Steve Marskell <smar...@home.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:49:23 GMT

Afzan J.

Sep 4, 2001, 8:40:11 PM9/4/01

Control: cancel <Lvel7.41633$w75.16...@news3.rdc2.on.home.com>
Newsgroups: tor.forsale.computers.ctl
From: "Afzan J." <re...@message.com>
Subject: cmsg cancel <Lvel7.41633$w75.16...@news3.rdc2.on.home.com> ignore
Sender: "Afzan J." <re...@message.com>

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 18:16:04 GMT

DIV

Sep 4, 2001, 8:35:56 PM9/4/01

Control: cancel <Mrel7.71954$f01.19...@news3.rdc1.on.home.com>
Newsgroups: tor.forsale.computers.ctl
From: "DIV" <sup...@microsoft.com>
Subject: cmsg cancel <Mrel7.71954$f01.19...@news3.rdc1.on.home.com> ignore
Sender: "DIV" <sup...@microsoft.com>

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 18:16:03 GMT

J.T.

Sep 4, 2001, 9:29:16 PM9/4/01

Control: cancel <Mdfl7.41980$w75.16...@news3.rdc2.on.home.com>
Newsgroups: tor.general.ctl
From: "J.T." <jt...@HAM.yahoo.com>
Subject: cmsg cancel <Mdfl7.41980$w75.16...@news3.rdc2.on.home.com> ignore
Sender: "J.T." <jt...@HAM.yahoo.com>

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 02:03:59 GMT

Jason Ducharme

Sep 5, 2001, 12:56:41 PM9/5/01

Control: cancel <GLsl7.23073$836.2...@news20.bellglobal.com>
Newsgroups: tor.general.ctl
From: "Jason Ducharme" <duch...@sympatico.ca>
Subject: cmsg cancel <GLsl7.23073$836.2...@news20.bellglobal.com> ignore
Sender: "Jason Ducharme" <duch...@sympatico.ca>

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 17:33:46 GMT

Hugh Jass

Sep 5, 2001, 7:47:25 AM9/5/01

Control: cancel <ecol7.13003$A24.2...@news20.bellglobal.com>
Newsgroups: tor.forsale.computers.ctl
From: "Hugh Jass" <hugh.ja...@mailcity.com>
Subject: cmsg cancel <ecol7.13003$A24.2...@news20.bellglobal.com> ignore
Sender: "Hugh Jass" <hugh.ja...@mailcity.com>

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 19:56:55 GMT

mar...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 10:44:53 AM8/21/17
The College was an Oracle Academic Institution at the tile working in conjunction with the Oracle University program. Ali Jamil obtained funding from OSAP and was not the most academic student and often simply didn't attend. He demanded refund of the tuition and by regulation the College issued a refund to OSAP as calculated under the rules at the time.

Jamil started to make threats and appeared unusually irritated. Although he attempted to launch a complaint with government officials, upon reviewing the facts the regulators noted the College had done nothing wrong. Oracle required the Instructors to be certified and upon reviewing the teachers credentials and a site visit, they were satisfied the College operated with a high degree of integrity.

mar...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 10:47:21 AM8/21/17
This post should be deleted as the author has no credibility and was trying to scam the government for OSAP money using the College. Only after his attempts failed he got upset.

Алексей Деркач

Dec 20, 2021, 3:32:36 PM12/20/21

Really cool