WAS KODISH KIDNAPPED?? WILL NOBODY PAY THE RANSOM?

Barry Bruyea

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

Does anyone know for sure whether or not Jason Kodish was kidnapped? Or,
was he just a victim of gravity and fell from grace?

Lars Ormberg

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

Barry Bruyea wrote:

> Does anyone know for sure whether or not Jason Kodish was kidnapped? Or,
> was he just a victim of gravity and fell from grace?

He's alive. Presumably living happily at home.

(BTW, we're all victims of gravity)

(Okay, maybe not if we were born next to nuclear power plants and have
wings, but from what I can determine it was just me :>)

--
Lars Ormberg
(I don't know where Mr. T lives. Stop phoning my home)

* The Borg--our most lethal enemy--have begun an invasion of the
Federation. The assimilation continues...STAR TREK:FIRST CONTACT is
still showing in theatres across the country. (Oh, and some Star Wars
thing is supposedly on as well. Like anybody cares).

Dave Diduck

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

Our friend Jason is still alive and reading the NG. Trust me on that
one.
Cheers
--
Dave Diduck
1123 Fort St

David Reilley

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

Barry Bruyea wrote:

> Does anyone know for sure whether or not Jason Kodish was kidnapped? Or,
> was he just a victim of gravity and fell from grace?

Are you feeling a bit lonely?

Barry Bruyea

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

Not really, It's just that only the pitiful posters of the left are
evident; at least Kodish had a few good points, we are all left with
your inadequate mental wanderings.

Jack Plant

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

Barry Bruyea <qui...@headwaters.com> wrote:

Let's face it, we all miss him, and wish him well.

Jack Plant

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

I can't believe that all you guys could be so cruel to Jason. Did it
ever occur to you that he is probably sulking at home brooding over
the thrashing he constantly takes from you right-wingers, shame on
you.

Probably all he wants is to be left alone!

Jack Plant

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

rob...@accessweb.com (Robin R. Krasichynski) wrote:

>On 12 Feb 1997 20:57:21 GMT Barry Bruyea said ...

>>Does anyone know for sure whether or not Jason Kodish was kidnapped? Or,
>>was he just a victim of gravity and fell from grace?
>>

>Gee Barry... I had no idea that Jason was such an important factor in your life.
>You need to get out more.

Noe THAT is funny, gee, never heard that one before, hahahaha.

XXX

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

jpl...@wwdc.com (Jack Plant) wrote:

>Barry Bruyea <qui...@headwaters.com> wrote:

>>David Reilley <drei...@pinc.com> wrote:
>>Barry Bruyea wrote:
>>

>>Does anyone know for sure whether or not Jason Kodish was kidnapped? Or,
>>was he just a victim of gravity and fell from grace?

>>Are you feeling a bit lonely?

>> Not really, It's just that only the pitiful posters of the left are
>> evident; at least Kodish had a few good points, we are all left with
>> your inadequate mental wanderings.

>Let's face it, we all miss him, and wish him well.

Nice sentiment Jack. Hey Kodish, you owe me email!

"Poverty is the worst form of violence" M. Ghandi
"Is is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a
needle than for a worshipper of mammon to enter the Kingdom
of God." The Teacher
"Knowledge is maximized by sentient beings doing good."
"The greatest words you can utter in your life time are
these: teach me, and I'll teach you."
"Information is everywhere. It is your duty to the universe
and all within it to acquire it, use it, and pass it freely."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FREE LEONARD PELTIER
FREE BERNARD CORD

For information about the unique, quality products we sell
please visit our website: www.sasknet.com/~think.

Wishing the world Peace and Prosperity!

Opportunities always appreciated.

intp...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

Barry Bruyea (qui...@headwaters.com) wrote:
: Does anyone know for sure whether or not Jason Kodish was kidnapped? Or,
: was he just a victim of gravity and fell from grace?

Actually, we are paying the kidnappers to keep him !!!

--
THOSE WHO WOULD DEFEND EVIL
SURELY BECOME EVIL THEMSELVES

Bill MacArthur

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

think...@sk.sympatico.ca (XXX) wrote:
>jpl...@wwdc.com (Jack Plant) wrote:

>>Let's face it, we all miss him, and wish him well.
>
>Nice sentiment Jack. Hey Kodish, you owe me email!

Maybe what we need is a top 10 list of what might have happened to him
ala David Letterman:

10. He is "weighted" down with problems at Thurring,
9. He has been kidnapped by someone who reads Ayn Rand to him every
night,
8. He's filling in for Judy Rebick opposite Clare Hoy,

Barry Bruyea

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

The operative word being "left."

Robin R. Krasichynski

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

On 12 Feb 1997 20:57:21 GMT Barry Bruyea said ...

>Does anyone know for sure whether or not Jason Kodish was kidnapped? Or,
>was he just a victim of gravity and fell from grace?

Gee Barry... I had no idea that Jason was such an important factor in your life.

Barry Bruyea

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

rob...@accessweb.com (Robin R. Krasichynski) wrote:

I know, but's all this damn snow, and if I'm going to get this much
of a snow job, I'd sooner get it from Jason; at least then, I can
answer back.

jko...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

Bill MacArthur @uwindsor.ca> (billmac\<removethisformail\) wrote:

: 10. He is "weighted" down with problems at Thurring,

: 9. He has been kidnapped by someone who reads Ayn Rand to him every
: night,
: 8. He's filling in for Judy Rebick opposite Clare Hoy,

Hey! Where are the rest of them.
Good sense of humour Bill.
:-)
Bad politics, but good sense of humour.
Cheers folks.

--
-Jason Kodish

"Never seek to engage in a confrontation, but forced upon you,
never fear a confrontation."-Grand Master Simon

Dave Diduck

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

On 15 Feb 1997 16:34:11 GMT, Barry Bruyea <qui...@headwaters.com>
wrote:

Hey, maybe you hit on the answer. Jason might be chained to the
working end of a number nine scoop shovel and can't make to the
computer. :-)

Bill MacArthur

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

jko...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca () wrote:
>Bill MacArthur @uwindsor.ca> (billmac\<removethisformail\) wrote:
>
>: 10. He is "weighted" down with problems at Thurring,
>: 9. He has been kidnapped by someone who reads Ayn Rand to him every
>: night,
>: 8. He's filling in for Judy Rebick opposite Clare Hoy,
>

>Hey! Where are the rest of them.
>Good sense of humour Bill.
>:-)
>Bad politics, but good sense of humour.
>Cheers folks.

I thought that I could encourage other good natured pokes and I am glad
to see that you took it in the spirit it was intended. How about:

7. Has been scouring bookstores for a copy of _Dead Right_,
6. Has moved to Cuba to help fight Helms-Burton,
5. Has been phoning Dr. Laura regularly to argue with her about abortion,

I'm leaving it open for great wits than my own.

Sheldon Scott

Feb 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/20/97

Bill MacArthur @uwindsor.ca> (billmac\<removethisformail\) wrote:
: jko...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca () wrote:
: >Bill MacArthur @uwindsor.ca> (billmac\<removethisformail\) wrote:
: >: 10. He is "weighted" down with problems at Thurring,
: >: 9. He has been kidnapped by someone who reads Ayn Rand to him every
: >: night,
: >: 8. He's filling in for Judy Rebick opposite Clare Hoy,
: >
: >Hey! Where are the rest of them. Good sense of humour Bill.
: >Bad politics, but good sense of humour. Cheers folks.

: >
: I thought that I could encourage other good natured pokes and I am glad
: to see that you took it in the spirit it was intended. How about:
: 7. Has been scouring bookstores for a copy of _Dead Right_,
: 6. Has moved to Cuba to help fight Helms-Burton,
: 5. Has been phoning Dr. Laura regularly to argue with her about abortion,

4. Has been busy mobilizing the masses to rise up and throw off the chains
of capitialism and install a dictatorship of the proletariat.
3. Is standing in line at the unemployment office.
2. Was on a constant vigil at the bedside of former Chinese dictator Deng
Tso Ping (R.I.P.)

And, the number one reason for the lack of kodishisms recently:
(-: ...e-mail will be posted as I see fit... :-)
(-: Off the monitor, through the modem... nothing but net. :-)

vicl...@ican.net

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

In article <5eidh2$k...@milo.vcn.bc.ca>,

ssc...@vcn.bc.ca (Sheldon Scott) wrote:

> Bill MacArthur @uwindsor.ca> (billmac\<removethisformail\) wrote:
> : jko...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca () wrote:
> : >Bill MacArthur @uwindsor.ca> (billmac\<removethisformail\) wrote:

<snip 9 good/funny reasons>

> And, the number one reason for the lack of kodishisms recently:

Perhaps the realization that this is less of a forum for interesting and
high-level debate than was previously thought.

It is quite depressing to see some of the posters here put enormous
effort and care into every word in order to convey precise meanings and
stimulating ideas, only to see the best efforts often ignored by others.

And then, one morally-challenged person obviously fakes a few
anti-francophone posts, and ***hundreds*** of posts in reply ensue,
dominating the entire board.

What better encouragement for trolls could be given?

Victor Levis Libertarian: Freedom of Choice.......Responsibility for
Actions.......Respect for Others

John Angus

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

(vicl...@ican.net) writes:
> In article <5eidh2$k...@milo.vcn.bc.ca>,

> It is quite depressing to see some of the posters here put enormous
> effort and care into every word in order to convey precise meanings and
> stimulating ideas, only to see the best efforts often ignored by others.
>
> And then, one morally-challenged person obviously fakes a few
> anti-francophone posts, and ***hundreds*** of posts in reply ensue,
> dominating the entire board.
>
> What better encouragement for trolls could be given?

The thing is, you see, that it's quite easy to respond to a troll
with a one liner or a couple of insults. Long, thought-out arguments
require quite a bit more time and effort to respond to.

JA

--
"Life, Liberty, & the Pursuit of Happiness" es...@cleveland.freenet.edu