Robert Bateman

Bruce Lloyd

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
Robert Bateman, the 40-year old who shot his 20-something ex-wife in Oshawa,
Ontario the past week was my grade 8 teacher at Queen Elizabeth public
school in Belleville, Ontario.

Now who's getting detention, eh Bateman?

Bruce

Jeff

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
I"m sorry if I do NOT see the joke here. Yes it would be funny if he was
arrested for something other than murder. I guess you can be forgiven as you
are a child!

Jeff
ffe...@home.com

** Want to make money surfing the net? **
go to
www.getpaid4.com/?hollywoodhershy
or
http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=ELR182
www.alladvantage.com/
Bruce Lloyd <fri...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

13 of 7

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
Yes, I see your point, murder is not funny!
Now if he was arrested for rape, armed robbery, arson, embezzlement, fraud,
extortion or pimping then it would be hallarious! But murder, its not funny
at all. I guess you can be forgiven, as you are just humourless.

Jeff <ffe...@HOSPAMhome.com> wrote in message

Jeff

13 of 7

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
Well you have to admit manslaughter is often slapskick!
Not anywhere near as funny as maiming...so I see your point!

"Jeff" <ffe...@HOSPAMhome.com> wrote in message

enyuh...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2014, 9:45:22 AM6/25/14
On Wednesday, 8 December 1999 03:00:00 UTC-5, Bruce Lloyd wrote:
> Robert Bateman, the 40-year old who shot his 20-something ex-wife in Oshawa,
> Ontario the past week was my grade 8 teacher at Queen Elizabeth public
> school in Belleville, Ontario.
>
> Now who's getting detention, eh Bateman?
>
> Bruce

Does anyone have any info on him or his family?

enyuh...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:40 AM6/25/14
On Wednesday, 8 December 1999 03:00:00 UTC-5, Bruce Lloyd wrote:
> Robert Bateman, the 40-year old who shot his 20-something ex-wife in Oshawa,
> Ontario the past week was my grade 8 teacher at Queen Elizabeth public
> school in Belleville, Ontario.
>
> Now who's getting detention, eh Bateman?
>
> Bruce

I doubt anyone is going to see this because of how long ago it was but please if you know anything about his family email me

culv...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2017, 3:56:41 PM3/17/17
Details about Bateman? He sits in a Kingston prison camp just as self centred and narcasitic as ever.

enyuh...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2017, 8:13:09 PM12/12/17
On Friday, 17 March 2017 15:56:41 UTC-4, culv...@gmail.com wrote:
> Details about Bateman? He sits in a Kingston prison camp just as self centred and narcasitic as ever.

are you able to email me enyuh...@gmail.com he's no longer is in prison and I would like to know as much as possible about him and that side of the family!

backwarduck

Mar 29, 2022, 12:20:32 PM3/29/22
Message me. I don't seem to be able to send you a private message from here

Greg Carr

Dec 1, 2022, 8:29:18 AM12/1/22
NEWS
Man who murdered Barrie woman in 1999 granted continued day parole
Robert Bateman pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in death of Valerie Lucas.
Sara Carson
Barrie Advance
Friday, February 1, 2019
Editor's note: This story has been updated from a previous version to reflect that offenders serving life sentences will not reach an end to their sentence.

Robert Bateman is serving a life sentence for killing his estranged wife, Barrie's Valerie Lucas, in broad daylight on Dec. 4, 1999.

Bateman, 59, has been on day parole since December 2017, living in a community residential facility outside of Ontario.

Recently, the Parole Board of Canada extended Bateman’s day parole for another six months as he nears his parole eligibility date of Dec. 5, 2020.

All offenders are eligible for day parole three years prior to their full parole date, with extensions approved in six-month increments, said Sara Robertson, Parole Board of Canada’s acting regional manager of community relations and training.

Bateman’s location is protected under privacy laws, but Robertson said victims in touch with the parole board will be advised of his location.

“I will also note there is a condition that the offender not be permitted in Ontario without the valid reason and prior written approval from the parole supervisor,” she said, adding victims would be advised if he made a request and if it was approved.

The parole board’s decision in imposing the condition states: “the victims have a right to be free from unwanted contact from you, or the thought of potentially encountering you in the province where they live; they remain in fear of you.”

Bateman is a first-time federal criminal offender serving a life sentence for second-degree murder.

At the time of the murder, Bateman and Lucas, 23, were separated and shared joint custody of their two children.

Related content
'He destroyed our family' says sister of Barrie murder victim

On Dec. 4, 1999, the two met in an Oshawa hotel parking lot to allow Bateman access to the children. Bateman was armed with a semi-automatic revolver and, after an argument, he fired the weapon eight times. Six of those shots hit Lucas, killing her.

Bateman contacted police the following day and later pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.

On day parole, Bateman will continue to reside in a community residential facility under eight conditions.

Under the conditions, he cannot have direct or indirect contact with any member of the deceased victim’s family; cannot travel to Ontario without a valid reason and prior written approval from his parole supervisor; must immediately report all attempts to initiate intimate sexual and non-sexual relationships and friendships with females to his parole supervisor; and cannot to consume, purchase or possess alcohol.

The decision states the conditions imposed on Bateman are reasonable and necessary in order to protect society and to facilitate his successful reintegration into society.

There are victim-impact statements on file that the parole board considered in its decision.

The parole board decision states Bateman’s behaviour on day parole has been relatively satisfactory. He participates in weekly counselling sessions to manage negative emotional arousal and anger, states the decision.

Bateman has garnered support through his church group.

In early October 2018, Bateman secured employment as a janitor working one day per week and also cooks lunch four times a week at the community residential facility where he lives.

https://www.simcoe.com/news-story/9150659-man-who-murdered-barrie-woman-in-1999-granted-continued-day-parole/

Working one day a week the killer is not a workaholic he is 63 now another reason to bring back the death penalty. He was 40 when he killed his estranged 23 yr old wife they had 2 children together.