Errors using Population Clustering Plugin in QGIS

Nicola Abram

Jul 17, 2022, 4:42:49 AM7/17/22
to OnSSET
Hi OnSETT community,

I am trying to use the HRSL_clustering plugin in QGIS 3.10 to create population clusters for a state (Sabah) in Malaysia.

However, it fails to run and I get errors (see attachment). Can anyone explain what these errors mean? And how I can fix the issue.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,
Nicola Abram
Clusters plugin errors.JPG

Babak Khavari

Jul 25, 2022, 3:29:31 AM7/25/22
to OnSSET
Hi Nicola,

Thank you for being interested in OnSSET and sorry to hear that you have ran into trouble.

I would recommend you to use the jupyter notebook for the clustering (available here: https://github.com/babakkhavari/Clustering). This is what we tend to use for OnSSET moving forward.

Hope this helps, let me know if you run into any issues!

Best,
Babak

Nicola Abram

Jul 26, 2022, 12:46:42 AM7/26/22
to Babak Khavari, OnSSET
Hi Babak,

Thanks so much for your reply. Ok, I shall retry (within the coming week) the clustering using jupyter notebook. Thanks, definitely will let you know if I have any issues.

Many thanks for the link.

All the best,
Nicola

Adrian Onsare

Oct 20, 2022, 7:06:54 AM10/20/22
to Nicola Abram, Babak Khavari, OnSSET
While on this topic, when running the model at sub-national level, can one simply use the national clusters generated by the ONSSET Team on this link, and simply clip them?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OnSSET" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/onsset/CANLT8wmcn4kjLKhTisig6%3D6O7AKjouVoHtSA%2BBi4yHQB9ANUhQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Adrian Omambia Onsare,
Phone: 0729615685.

Babak Khavari

Oct 20, 2022, 8:59:28 AM10/20/22
to OnSSET
Dear  Adrian,

See the comment on your other question. If you want to run a subnational study I recommend that you that you a divided administrative boundaries in the code. That will divide the clusters already at that step and then you can just select your results for the region you are interested in (if you have this as a geospatial layer that is).

Best,
Babak