OnSSET Datasets - Nigeria (e.g. ELECTRIFICATION PATHWAYS)

Alec Browne

Jul 20, 2022, 5:45:43 AM7/20/22
to OnSSET
Hi All,

Is anyone aware if the underlying datasets for the World Bank/ESMAP Electrification Pathways OnSSET model for Nigeria are publicly available?

If not, are there any Starter Kits available for Nigeria, as there are with the OSeMOSYS tool?

Thanks in advance,

Alex Campbell-Brown

andreas.sahlberg

Jul 27, 2022, 7:30:10 AM7/27/22
to OnSSET
Dear Alex,

If you refer to https://electrification.energydata.info/presentation/ I'm not sure which datasets were used. However, the datasets used for the more recent Global Electrification Platform (electrifynow.energydata.info) are listed here

If you wish to work with GIS layers from scratch, administrative boundaries are available from https://gadm.org/ and processed population clusters are available from https://data.mendeley.com/datasets/z9zfhzk8cr/6. Most other datasets are openly and readily available, but there might be a few links that need updating.

If you wish to work with the OnSSET tool directly, we can provide the input file from the processed and extracted datasets listed above.