Recommended method to assign values from CSV files back to population cluster shapes?

Gregory Ireland

Aug 14, 2020, 8:46:06 AM8/14/20
to OnSSET
Hi there,

What is the recommended method (Python and/or QGIS tool) to assign the values from the CSV files (points) back onto the cluster shapes (vectors)?
I'd like to make sure I'm doing it in the most consistent and efficient way to reduce any potential errors, both for results from OnSSET and for the inputs after extracting the spatial data for the clusters.

Thanks for any tips or experience!

Regards,
Gregory

Babak Khavari

Aug 14, 2020, 9:03:23 AM8/14/20
to OnSSET
Hello,

Personally I prefer Python.

Both GIS or Python works though. Just make sure to merge the clusters with the output file by matching the ids (using locations will not work). In Python do it with geopandas and in QGIS do it with the tool called "join attributes by field value". For QGIS make sure that the field type of the cluster's ids are the same as the field type of the ids in the CSV. After merging you should have two id columns, in order to check that everything is correct I guess you can subtract one from the other, if you only get 0's everything should be correct.

Best,
Babak