Admin Boundaries Points - Kenya

Douglas Ronoh

Aug 23, 2022, 10:45:02 AM8/23/22
to ons...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How was the administrative_boundaries_points layer of Benin created as per the CCG Track 1 Hands on 2 tutorial?
I received a query on the same from someone who wants to replicate the same for Kenya with the admin boundary points data for Kenya.
I have attached the extract from the tutorial that refers to it.

Warm regards,

Douglas
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-12 at 3.24.21 PM.jpeg

Babak Khavari

Aug 23, 2022, 10:58:53 AM8/23/22
to OnSSET
Hi Douglas,

The dataset was created in QGIS using two steps.

1) Using the administrative boundaries of Benin we ran a tool called Regular Points. This creates a rectangle with the same extent as the administrative boundaries.
2) In order to get the point layer to match the borders of the country we clipped the points by the administrative boundaries.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Babak

Douglas Ronoh

Aug 23, 2022, 11:32:49 AM8/23/22
to Babak Khavari, OnSSET
Thanks Babak for the quick response!
Let me try it out and get back.

I'm assuming you used 1km for the point spacing intervals?

Babak Khavari

Aug 24, 2022, 8:10:56 AM8/24/22
to OnSSET
Yes, that is correct. The dataset was produced using a value of 1,000 for point spacing. Note however that this is dependent on the coordinate system. The administrative boundaries had already been projected to EPSG:3395 (unit meters).

Adrian Onsare

Aug 24, 2022, 9:42:03 AM8/24/22
to Douglas Ronoh, ons...@googlegroups.com
I used EPSG 4326,1km spacing