Can OnSETT be used at the sub-national level?

Nicola Abram

Nov 1, 2021, 7:45:22 AM11/1/21
to OnSSET
Hi all,

I am new to OnSSET and am considering whether we can use this tool to help inform policy in Sabah, a Malaysian State in Borneo. We are wanting to do an OnSETT analysis at the state level to plug into state level plans/policies.

So my question is, is this possible to do sub national analyses in OnSETT?

Thanks for any information,
Best
Nicola Abram

andreas.sahlberg

Dec 13, 2021, 9:02:40 AM12/13/21
to OnSSET

Dear Nicola,

Yes, the OnSSET tool can be used on sub-national level as well. There are basically two ways to go about it:
1. Extract the GIS data (e.g. using the plugin) using the administrative boundaries of the region of interest, in this case Sabah. Then run OnSSET as usual, make sure that socio-demographic parameters reflect the state and not the entire country.
2. Run OnSSET for the whole country, then extract the results for the region only (requires small modifications to the code)