Transmission lines data update

Ashley APPADOO

Oct 22, 2020, 4:43:41 AM10/22/20
to OnSSET
Hi All,
i am working on the onsset model for usage in western african region. After reviewing the transmission line data, i see that the dataset that can be used for Africa can be the Gislab database.

I am wondering if the transmission lines data from Gislab is ideal for western africa and if the data are updated?

Does someone have any clue on that?

Thanks.

Ashley

Babak Khavari

Oct 22, 2020, 5:21:31 AM10/22/20
to OnSSET
Hello Ashley,

Unfortunately I do not have insight in the data from Gislab. If you are interested in West Africa I think the transmission/distribution lines from ECREEE are fairly good. Check here: http://www.ecowrex.org/mapView/

Best,
Babak

Salisu R. Isihak

Oct 22, 2020, 5:56:32 AM10/22/20
to Ashley APPADOO, OnSSET
Dear Ashley,

Are you working for the entire region or specific countries? I have a recently updated transmission line for Nigeria.

Regards
Salisu

Ashley APPADOO

Oct 22, 2020, 6:55:20 AM10/22/20
to Babak Khavari, OnSSET
Hi,
thank you for your response. I will check the link.

Thanks a lot.

Ashley

Ashley APPADOO
Responsable Technique Energie / Data
Réseaux : LinkedIn

Ashley APPADOO

Oct 22, 2020, 7:01:08 AM10/22/20
to Salisu R. Isihak, OnSSET
Hi Salisu,
thanks for your contact. Actually I'm working for Togo for a POC but I was looking for updated transmission lines for the whole western africa region.

May I know where you update your data?

Thanks.

Ashley

Salisu R. Isihak

Oct 23, 2020, 11:19:57 AM10/23/20
to OnSSET
Hi Ashley,

I got the data from the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN). They are the owners of the transmission lines in Nigeria.

Regards
Salisu