Error in running OnSSET Plugin

Uduak Akpan

Apr 6, 2022, 3:52:05 PM4/6/22
to OnSSET
Hello,

I am taking the Online OnSSET course on the Open University website. I am on the hands-on exercise 5 and I am trying to run the OnSSET plugin in QGIS. However, I keep encountering errors. I have attached the error message here. Can any please assist?

Uduak
Error in Running OnSSET plugin - 6th April, 2022.docx

Babak Khavari

Apr 7, 2022, 8:25:32 AM4/7/22
to OnSSET
Hello Uduak,

Thank you for posting your question and sorry to hear that you have ran into troubles running the plugin.

Perhaps the first thing you can try is to run the plugin in QGIS 3.10? The newer versions of QGIS have some aspects changed and the plugin has not been tested for these versions of the QGIS. If you are following the Open University version of the course you can follow the QGIS installation instructions here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15_MOZG-olhjNTONax4sXuszXIEgVgnz0 to download QGIS 3.10.

Another thing that I notice from your error message is that you seem to have spaces and dashes in your paths. Please remove these (or replace them with underscores), some tools can run into troubles if you have spaces in the path names.

In conclusion try this:
1. Install and run on QGIS 3.10 following the instructions in the link above
2. Remove the dashes and spaces in path names

Hopefully this should fix your issues. Please let me know how it goes.

Best, Babak

Uduak Akpan

Apr 19, 2022, 11:31:29 AM4/19/22
to Babak Khavari, OnSSET
Dear Babak,

Apologies for the late reply. Your message went into my spam folder.

This works very well with this version of QGIS as shown below. Many thanks.

Uduak

image.png

Babak Khavari

Apr 20, 2022, 3:50:29 AM4/20/22
to OnSSET
Dear Uduak,

No worries!

Glad it worked out. Remember to finish the course by the last of April in case you want to apply for the training in June.

Best regards,
Babak