New PDX Community Leadership Meetup

Dawn Foster

Sep 9, 2013, 8:17:12 PM9/9/13
to Online_Community_Managers_PDX
Hi everyone,

Long time, no see :)

I'm still working away and doing the community thing, but over at
Puppet Labs now.

I wanted to let everyone know that we've started a new meetup for
people leading online communities. We're meeting on the fourth
Thursday of every month starting on September 26 from 6:30 - 8pm. I'm
going to give a talk on "What Science Fiction Can Teach us about
building communities" at this first meetup just to kick things off,
but we'll brainstorm other agenda items for future meetups.

Here's the link with all of the details:
http://www.meetup.com/Community-Leadership-Meetup/

I hope to see all of you again!

Take care,
Dawn Foster

Nathan DiNiro

Sep 9, 2013, 8:36:38 PM9/9/13
to Online_Community_Managers_PDX
Woohoo, Sweet!

Don Bourassa

Sep 10, 2013, 2:33:14 PM9/10/13
to online_communi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for starting this up again, Dawn! I am out of town that week but will try to drop in next month.

Cheers!

Don Bourassa

Community Director - PDXYelp

P: (971) 208-3072
F: (508) 861-0892 (Yes, that's a 508 area code - it's internet fax)

Facebook Twitter Flickr
Yelp Alaska Airlines is my backup airline when flying the west coast and Mexico. ...
12:30 Sep-05 · My Review: Don B.'s Yelp Reviews
  Get this email app!

The Idea Goddess (Ann Marcus)

Sep 10, 2013, 7:41:48 PM9/10/13
to Online_Community_Managers_PDX
Excellent, Dawn! So glad you're doing this! I'm not currently leading an online community -- so have had to turn my focus to other things. But would be delighted to drop by now and again.

Cheers!
Ann