Learning from Occupy Portland?

John David Smith

Jan 31, 2012, 7:36:18 PM1/31/12
to Online_Community_Managers_PDX
I had lunch with Mark Dilley today @MarkDilley -- at the very end he started
telling me about the community / communication challenges at occupy
Portland. It was fascinating but also sounded familiar. It made me realize
that we have had a bias toward SUPPORTED communities (paid for by someone)
and that we should occasionally look at really different examples (to defeat
that old tunnel vision thing we get).

Mark said he would write something about it. When would that be ready for
us to read and discuss, Mark?

John
* John David Smith ~ Voice: 503.963.8229 ~ Skype & Twitter: smithjd
* "Learning is the human activity which least needs manipulation by others."
-- Ivan Illich, @IvanIllich2