OSW & OStatus

Andrea Messina

Mar 19, 2011, 12:38:23 PM3/19/11
to onesocialweb
Since OSW is based on XMPP and OStatus is based on HTTP, how could the
two protocols interoperate??
I guess moving an http server(e.g. Apache) with OStatus callback near
an xmpp sever(e.g. openfire).

thanks

Diana Cheng

Mar 19, 2011, 2:37:56 PM3/19/11
to onesocialweb
Hi Andrea,

I'm currently working on implementing OStatus in OSW. I am basically
extending the OSW openfire plugin functionality to support: webfinger,
pubsubhubub, salmon, etc.

I have already finished with Webfinger (still need to push a bit of
the code, the branch is called ostatus in github.com/onesocialweb) and
I'm working on publishing PuSH-enabled feeds for user's public
activities. Just watch the github repo to follow the progress.

I will probably move all OStatus-related functionality to another
Openfire plugin later, so a host can decide if he wants to support
both protocols or not. At the moment I'm just focusing on getting
OStatus to work.

Cheers,
Diana.

Andrea Messina

Mar 19, 2011, 3:38:34 PM3/19/11
to onesocialweb
If i understood, you are working on implementing OSTATUS XMPP
counterpart:
So Webfinger, PubSubHubbub, Salmon and ActivityStreams which work on
top of XMPP base protocol, like ONESOCIALWEB protocol does.

What about interoperability between HTTP and XMPP OSTATUS
interoperability?

Diana Cheng

Mar 20, 2011, 2:39:55 PM3/20/11
to onesocialweb
Hi Andrea,

Webfinger, PuSH, etc are HTTP-based protocols and that's what I am
implementing. It just runs inside Openfire.

Cheers,
Diana.

Andrea Messina

Mar 20, 2011, 4:11:39 PM3/20/11
to onesocialweb
Excuse me, but i have little kwnoledge about XMPP.
You said that you are implementing OStatus on Openfire that is an XMPP
server.
What about the HTTP callback used in the OStatus stack?
Are you developing a sort of OStatus gateway plugin for openfire??

Cheers,
Andrea