small bug fix: activity actor name

Luca Faggioli (Openliven)

Jan 12, 2011, 7:20:43 AM1/12/11
to onesocialweb
Hi all!

I just pushed a small bug fix to my Git repo (http://github.com/
lfaggioli/osw-openfire-plugin branch 0.7)

What is that about? Basically before the fix, the Name entered in
Openfire during registration (registration name) was the one used for
showing the author of Activities in the Inbox - as a consequence:

1. the new Registration plugin does not include the Name field and
therefore users who have registered through the plugin do not have any
Name - hence no author is displayed when the they post an activity

2. if a user enters a Display Name in her profile, I guess she would
like to use that in her activities, but so far only the registration
name was taken into account

In case neither a display name in the Profile nor a registration name
is provided, now I simply show the JID

The modified class is src/main/java/org/onesocialweb/openfire/manager/
ActivityManager.java
Please let me know if you see something wrong with this modification

Luca

Diana Cheng

Jan 13, 2011, 5:40:50 AM1/13/11
to onesocialweb
Hi Luca,

Thanks for noticing this. Small but very valuable change. I will pull
from your repo.

I can also modify the registration plugin and osw-web to include the
name field (maybe as non-mandatory) so that users always have the
option of setting the Openfire name.

Cheers,
Diana.

On Jan 12, 1:20 pm, "Luca Faggioli (Openliven)"

Luca Faggioli

Jan 13, 2011, 7:47:17 AM1/13/11
to onesoc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diana,

I was thinking few weeks ago of changing the reg. plugin myself in order to include the name too, but then I got stuck on what I have to send to Openfire as Name (I mean the XML tag): I guess that Openfire sends a registration form to a client during registration (e.g. when you register through Psi) and therefore clients know what to send back, but in our case, what should the reg plugin send back as Name?

As I said I looked very quickly at the code few weeks ago and then Christmas time came, and therefore I took some time off :-) but if you can tell me that info I can look at it again and modify the plugin myself

talk to you soon
luca

2011/1/13 Diana Cheng <daian...@googlemail.com>

--
Luca Faggioli
OneSocialWeb JID: lu...@social.openliven.com

Daniel Renfer

Jan 13, 2011, 8:18:54 AM1/13/11
to onesoc...@googlegroups.com
As a slightly related note, I'd like to remind you that the actor
object is being serialized as an "actor" element. The activitystreams
spec changed, and now the actor should be included as the author
element of the entry.

I was meaning to do a patch, but I've been busy with other stuff and
it will most likely cause compatibility issues with other OSW servers.
(send and check in both places?)

Luca Faggioli

Jan 17, 2011, 7:29:28 PM1/17/11
to onesoc...@googlegroups.com
done - I added the Name field to the registration form (I looked at the registration plugin myself and noticed that it was already handling the Name, and therefore it was only missed in the reg. form)

I thought it was a good idea to add a Confirm Password field too, so I did

http://github.com/lfaggioli/osw-web branch 0.7

ciao
luca