Losing focus on selected file after editing the file

Lord Patrick

May 13, 2023, 11:55:13 AM5/13/23
to OneCommander
Sorry about the long title, I don't know how else to phrase it.

I edit PDFs for some technical manuals and say I have "Chapter 6.pdf" selected, and then I edit it, that particular file now has a new creation date, when I close the file it is no longer selected.

When I'm writing a manual there might be a long list of PDFs, and I usually rename them after editing and it would be useful to have the file still selected. I have the files sorted by new, so I can go back to the oldest files and see if they need editing - but I need to rename the file I just worked on.

Does this make sense? I can try to make a small video of what I'm talking about using a freeware file manager called Salamander from 1998.

Milos Paripovic

May 13, 2023, 3:32:59 PM5/13/23
to OneCommander
It all depends on program editing. If on save the program deletes a file and then creates a new one, which looks to be the case there, OC will lose the selection. There is no good way around that. You can test in notepad, open file, edit, save, OC keeps the selection.

Lord Patrick

May 15, 2023, 6:11:24 AM5/15/23
to OneCommander
I just tried this in Salamander, and it keeps the focus, but I have no idea how it was done.

No biggie, I'll find a way to deal with it.

Thanks.