Context Menu not working

Neil Stierhoff

May 31, 2023, 2:05:44 PM5/31/23
to OneCommander
Right click on any item bring up an error dialog referring me to the forum which tells me to run https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
I don't have context menu errors with any other file manager. This program is buggy for sure.

Milos Paripovic

Jun 2, 2023, 1:44:09 PM6/2/23
to OneCommander
This has to load the information from the shell so there are many ways installed shell extensions can break the host process. While I have identified some programs that do weird things like flipping CPU registers, or are made with .NET (Microsoft says not to develop shell extensions in .NET, but doesn't forbid), or load modified versions of DLLs that OC is already using, there might be some other ways extensions can do it and I don't have workarounds for that as OC can't choose what shell will load once menu is invoked.
It can be also some GPU driver reason if even the path edit box (Alt+D) doesn't open or if some programs inject their own UI elements into OC
(Known: AlienwareSoundCenter, GPUTweakIII and some other from ASUS, RivaTuner, D3DGear, Fresco Logic, monitor utilities or FPS counters for games - since OC is also uses DirectX), there is also no workaround for that (switching to Software rendering in Settings>Advanced works in some cases).
If I know which shell extension causes the issue (by finding it with mentioned shexview and identifying by disabling it and verifying OC menu opens), then I can look closer for a workaround