Re: Setting OC as default file manager

Message has been deleted

Milos Paripovic

Nov 5, 2018, 3:52:38 PM11/5/18
to onecom...@googlegroups.com
Do at your own risk!
Backup registry and also make sure you save default values for these before changing

Open OC, and in About click "Exe Location"
Shift+RMB on exe file and "Copy as Path"
Open registry and go to:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Directory\shell
create Key "OneCommander"
in it create Key "Command"
double click (Default) in it
and paste the path to exe file
including quotes and add -"%1"
so it looks something like
"C:\Users\milos\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\OR13A28M.35H\M5X1JLJK.PWO\onec..tion_0000000000000000_0002.0001_a4ed69ae4790c1ba\OneCommanderV2.exe" -"%1"
double click (Default) and type OneCommander

Do the same in
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Drive\shell\

To revert, delete text from (Default) in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Directory\shell
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Drive\shell
(or set to whatever values were before)

See the link on 5th post.

Terje Müller Karlsen

May 12, 2019, 10:49:21 AM5/12/19
to OneCommander
Hi and thank you for the guide.

I got all the way to where I edit the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Drive\shell\ string.

This string is nowhere to be found? I have searched for the string but no results.

Is it possible it is renamed? I am on Win10 with everything updated.

Any tips from u guys?

Regards

Milos Paripovic

May 12, 2019, 2:06:30 PM5/12/19
to OneCommander
Hmm... I just checked and I also don't have it. This one was originally submitted by a user from the original OC forum. If you are not in a hurry, please wait until Monday/Tuesday and I'll make a two registry files, one for registering OC as default file manager, and one for unregistering so you'd be able to doubleclick and it will set all keys correctly.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Luca

Apr 17, 2021, 1:18:33 PM4/17/21
to OneCommander
Does this still work with the latest clickonce v3 beta version?

On Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at 10:55:31 PM UTC+2 milos...@gmail.com wrote:
Register/unregister file attached, along with instructions

Milos Paripovic

Apr 17, 2021, 3:33:38 PM4/17/21
to OneCommander
It should, the path just needs to be correctly set
Message has been deleted

Milos Paripovic

Feb 18, 2022, 1:29:10 PM2/18/22
to OneCommander
This is now obsolete. If someone is using this, backup registry, run the unregister script from the zip file, make sure Explorer is working again, then use the Register buttons from One Commander in Settings>Advanced
This conversation is locked