[Request] Add integration with Listary

Jarosław Pietras

Mar 4, 2023, 11:32:29 AM3/4/23
to OneCommander
Listary released documentation on how to integrate the application with their program, so now is the perfect time to do it.

Milos Paripovic

Mar 4, 2023, 4:08:18 PM3/4/23
to OneCommander
Thanks for sharing this. I'll look at this closer once I finish some planned features. 3rd party software integrations are not high priority so if there is a specific functionality from Listary that is missing in OC, I'd rather look into making it natively so all users could use it without needing additional programs.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jarosław Pietras

Mar 10, 2023, 2:12:56 AM3/10/23
to OneCommander
A lot of useful functions, but unfortunately you have to find it yourself.

PS. Why was my answer deleted? I have not received any e-mail about breaking the rules or any information about the reason for removal.

Chaves Pinto

Mar 13, 2023, 8:31:46 AM3/13/23
to OneCommander
mine was deleted too and I can't also understand why.
as Milos said, "if there is a specific functionality from Listary that is missing in OC, I'd rather look into making it natively so all users could use it without needing additional programs."  I just said the one I miss plus and linked to a Youtube video to see it in action.

:-(

Milos Paripovic

Mar 14, 2023, 5:42:03 PM3/14/23
to OneCommander
I have tried Listary in the past but didn't get far with just clicking around, so I don't know what I am missing.
GGroups is weird like this and even the messages that are flagged and I approve, they still disappear, but this time I didn't get any message in pending. It is probably somewhere in line to go to killedbygoogle.com
Maybe sending links without dots or just direct mail to support at onecommander

CKylin Mark

Mar 15, 2023, 3:53:11 AM3/15/23
to OneCommander
I think Listary has different usage with OneCommander, Listary is a quick searching tool with many extra features like quick jump in OpenWith window or something, even OC or OC Connector has some features like listary have but still different. It can change the way when I searching something, just like what OC did for file managing experiences.

I'm using them both almost everyday... so I think it should be great if OC and Listary could have some way to work together. :D

Chaves Pinto

Mar 16, 2023, 2:10:41 PM3/16/23
to OneCommander

Going back to my previous (and the one deleted) message Milos Paipovic prefers to create a specific functionality from Listary that is missing in OC, making it natively so all users can use it without needing additional programs.

The quick switch (you called it jump) Listary's feature is the one I miss plus.

As in Listary's website :
  • Quick Switch
  • Are you tired of digging through a slew of open windows to work with files in a program? With Listary’s Quick Switch feature, just click Ctrl+G to instantly jump to the open folder of the file you’re working with.

And it also just needs to point the mouse to one Explorer's window to jump to that same path in any other opened. No need to copy the window's path and paste it. There is also a demo video to see it in action.

If OneCommander can have a similar feature it would be great!

:-)

Emanuel Teixeira

Mar 16, 2023, 4:32:29 PM3/16/23
to OneCommander
Quick switch already exists = dialog connector (settings > advanced - dialog connector)

Chaves Pinto

Mar 16, 2023, 5:04:34 PM3/16/23
to OneCommander
Uau!...
Nice. Thanks for sharing.
:-)

A quinta-feira, 16 de março de 2023 à(s) 20:32:29 UTC, Emanuel Teixeira escreveu:
Quick switch already exists = dialog connector (settings > advanced - dialog connector)
(snip)

Jarosław Pietras

Mar 17, 2023, 1:00:57 PM3/17/23
to OneCommander
But, for example, searching for a file from a completely different location is missing. No forced switching to the active folder with a keyboard shortcut...

If I have to write what is missing then:
  • Search the entire disk drive from any window or folder,
  • Quickly find any file you need with a few short key strokes,
  • Instantly find & launch programs with a quick keyboard command,
  • Open a file with a specific program from anywhere
  • Instantly jump from file manager to a target folder with a simple key command
  • Right-Click any search result for a robust Action+Context menu
  • Quickly browse your recent app and file history to continue working where you left off
  • Search the web with Listary’s keyword query engine
  • ...

Milos Paripovic

Mar 19, 2023, 12:44:05 PM3/19/23
to OneCommander
Thanks for the list. Some of those features will find a way in OC, and while I might look closer into the plugin, it is not a high priority for me

Jarosław Pietras

Mar 22, 2023, 1:24:59 PM3/22/23
to OneCommander
I understand that it's not urgent for you, but you can create a task and when someone does it, you just merge with the rest after checking.

Milos Paripovic

Mar 25, 2023, 7:13:07 PM3/25/23
to OneCommander
I am not sure I understand how that plugin system works, and it seems that it would be a plugin independent of OC. OC already has public CurrentPathGet and CurrentPathSet Windows Automation properties allowing to retrieve and set paths to OC. Several years ago Listary developer said that he added OC integration (back when OC was V2), but the same automation properties are now exposed so I don't know what changed in the meantime (or if it worked back then as I didn't verify)