Windows error: Could not find this item, This is no longer located...

lordgeyik

May 25, 2023, 1:55:06 AM5/25/23
to OneCommander
Hi, has anyone encountered Windows errors when trying to copy or open files after moving said files using OneCommander? I'm having the following error:

Could not find this item, This is no longer located in path.

I'm trying to find the culprit of the issue. Not sure if it's related to OneCommander, but the only change I had in my workflow since I had thisd problem is the addition of OneCommander.

Milos Paripovic

May 25, 2023, 11:19:05 PM5/25/23
to OneCommander
OC uses Explorer in the background for file operation, so this error is thrown by Explorer's operation dialog but OC just shows it. Mechanical disks use internal cache memory for file operations, so even if file is reported as moved, the disk might be busy with something else, and then the file waits in disk internal cache memory to be written and is not actually there. I am not sure how this works with SSD disks and I wouldn't expect this, unless it is some kind of cloud file storage, some virtual filesystem, or on network disk.

lordgeyik

Jun 26, 2023, 6:58:43 AM6/26/23
to OneCommander
Turns out to be a cloud issue.