Quick Filter suggestion

26 views
Skip to first unread message

Kairong Fan

unread,
Oct 3, 2026, 1:17:40 AM (7 days ago) Oct 3
to OneCommander
1、I have a filelist like the image1, I want to select the filename contains 2609
FileList.jpg

2、When  i input the single 9, it only shows "starts with"
single word.jpg

3、Could it shows 【contains】 9 whether i input a single word/number 
two words.jpg

4、it would be better if can change regardless the input order, and take Space as * ,Like TotalCommander. tc.jpg

OneCommander Support

unread,
Oct 3, 2026, 4:19:31 PM (7 days ago) Oct 3
to OneCommander
OC doesn't have jump to item like explorer (when you press just x it jumps to first x name), so I don't think that filter by one letter is useful as most names will have any letter (so "i" would likely not do anything as most file would have name containing "i" ), so first letter is only "start with" and second letter does "contains" as then  you are getting to more specific content. What did you mean "take Space as *"?

David Bloomfield

unread,
Oct 4, 2026, 4:36:30 AM (6 days ago) Oct 4
to OneCommander
Hi OC Support, 

I think you misread the original email. The search mentioned is not for the letter "i" but for the number "9". 

Also, it is unfair to assume that "contains" for single letter would be useless. In some cases it can be exactly what is needed. (eg if I have hundreds of files, only a few have "z" in the file name but I don't know or care what letter follows the "z")

You asked "What did you mean 'take Space as *?' "
That means use space as the wildcard character, commonly "*" in expression matching - to mean any number of any characters. 

Regards; David 
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages