Check for Update

Matthias Goodwin

Oct 29, 2021, 4:40:36 AM10/29/21
to OneCommander
Hello,

thanks for the great program. I really like it.

Up until now One Commander automatically updated to a newer version as it came available. Now I'm running version 3.3.8 (PRO license) and no update is offered, even though I could download version 3.3.22 from your website.

Is there a way to make the program check for updates, apart from restarting it?

Would a "Check for update"-button somewhere be helpful?

Regards,
Matthias

Gian Nicola Beraldo

Oct 29, 2021, 12:45:35 PM10/29/21
to OneCommander
Hi, I am in the exact same condition.
So I have run the portable version of 3.3.22 but I have seen that I lose all of my quick access I set up in version 3.3.8.
It would be nice to have the update button or a way to keep my quick access from the old version to the newer one.
Btw One commander is a great tool really, thanks.

Milos Paripovic

Oct 29, 2021, 12:56:49 PM10/29/21
to OneCommander
I made some big changes in current version in listing files (nothing visible), so I am still waiting to see if new users will complain about any issues related to that, so I have not let previous versions see the update yet. I'll add the button to force update for people who want to be on the latest version before it gets tested more. I'll let existing versions update on Sunday if there are no new issues (and a 2-3 days longer for Store version once it passes store certification)

Elias AL ALAM

Nov 10, 2021, 12:34:06 PM11/10/21
to OneCommander
I have PRO license and version 3.3.28. The current online version is 3.3.32 and can't see any way to update the app. If I download the latest version from the website, I will be able to activate my license, but I lose my configuration. Only one time in version 3.3.26 I got an automatic update in the top right corner, and it works to update to 3.3.28. But since no update is proposed, and I believe the update bottom still not implemented. Any work around to force it to look for update?

Regards,

Milos Paripovic

Nov 10, 2021, 12:48:04 PM11/10/21
to OneCommander
You can update by starting it with "-forceupdate" switch. But once current version is tested (first shown to new users) and if there are no crashes, I "reveal" the update for existing users. If all is fine, the button to update to 3.3.33 will be shown to everyone for Portable version (and 2-3 days for Store users)

Elias AL ALAM

Nov 10, 2021, 1:22:09 PM11/10/21
to OneCommander
It works with  -forceupdate. Thank you.