Rendering Disclaimer Note on every restart

Muhammad Abdou

May 5, 2023, 10:50:55 AM5/5/23
to OneCommander
Hello Milos,

Since I have Alienware sound center, I am getting the software rendering notice on every restart (I am putting OC in startup folder). Can this be limited to show only once not with every reboot ?

Thanks/

Milos Paripovic

May 5, 2023, 12:51:00 PM5/5/23
to OneCommander
It shouldn't show every time just if it doesn't close properly (so if shutdown asks you to wait to wait for programs to close and you click "shut down anyway" OC wouldn't be able to save settings. Let me know if you remember doing this.
Please open logs folder and on log from a day where you have turned off/restarted computer
You should have log like this

[00:19:38 INF] Window deactivated:Work
[00:19:43 INF] Computer shutting down
[00:19:43 INF] Blocking shutdown to save settings
[00:19:43 INF] Application closing
[00:19:43 INF] Window Work state saved
[00:19:43 INF] Window closed

At some point it saves in settings that the session was closed without issues.
If something is missing then the program doesn't know if it crashed and checks for any possible causes of crash on the next start and finds the Alienware sound center installed and suggests that it may have caused the crash.
Please let me know if something is missing from the shutdown procedure.

It will be different if just OC was closed and reopened, but even then if closing was completed with an error it will check, but then the error should be looked someplace else.

Muhammad Abdou

May 12, 2023, 5:22:47 AM5/12/23
to OneCommander
Hello Milos,

I get this log at startup:

[11:32:19 INF] ----------------------
Starting 3.43.7.1
[11:32:19 INF] Startup args: -nowindow
[11:32:19 INF] Last sessions ended with exit code -1. Running a startup check...
[11:32:19 INF] AlienwareSoundCenter found
[11:33:25 INF] Startup check found programs causing issues: AlienwareSoundCenter . Consider uninstalling these.
[11:34:20 INF] ----------------------

I shut down normally, and I don't get any messages from windows regarding programs running that requires to wait. I am not sure why the exit code is -1 though.

Thanks.

Muhammad Abdou

May 12, 2023, 5:30:46 AM5/12/23
to OneCommander
Is it possible to add an option to disable startup checks if user wants to ?

Milos Paripovic

May 12, 2023, 8:29:18 PM5/12/23
to OneCommander
I have added in 3.44.1 a smarter way to write error code and and not to recheck for startup for everything. Please see if it works for you after the update (not the first start, but the one after so the last close state is updated)

Muhammad Abdou

May 13, 2023, 6:45:58 AM5/13/23
to OneCommander
Same issue after update. I skipped the first warning after install.

Starting 3.44.1.0
[13:41:36 INF] Startup args: -nowindow
[13:41:36 INF] Last sessions ended with exit code -1. Running a startup check...
[13:41:36 INF] AlienwareSoundCenter found
[13:41:48 INF] Startup check found programs causing issues: AlienwareSoundCenter . Consider uninstalling these.
[13:41:49 INF] Startup check done
[13:41:49 INF] Initialization finished
[13:41:49 INF] Drives listed. 3
[13:41:49 INF] Application closing
[13:41:49 INF] Application closed

Milos Paripovic

May 18, 2023, 1:53:50 PM5/18/23
to OneCommander
How was is closed (the session before makes a difference). Try closing it, and then open OneComamanderV3.json from settings folder to see what is the
"SessionExitCode" value is.

It should be 0 as long as it was able to properly close (while running it is -1, and then set to 0 if everything closes fine, otherwise it is a system error code)

If the log shows "Application closed" then it should be set to 0 and not do the checks on the next start