The security fixes in this version and in version 1.2.2 are the result of an excellent security review that Darren McDonald kindly did for us recently.
2011-11-17 One Click Orgs 1.2.3
* FEATURE: Members can now specify what role they play in the organisation.
* FIX: Proposal comments were not displayed in date order.
* FIX: The notification that the founding vote failed would still display
repeatedly in certain situations.
* SECURITY FIX: HTML was not properly escaped in proposal descriptions and
* SECURITY FIX: Users could be redirected to an external site by abusing the
URL used for registering a vote.
* SECURITY FIX: Members could set their email to that of an existing member,
and new members could be added with the same email as an existing member.
* SECURITY FIX: Browsers were permitted to cache login credentials.
* SECURITY FIX: The password reset system allowed a non-member to determine
whether or not an email address corresponded to a valid user or not.
* SECURITY FIX: The organisation's name was not properly escaped for the
'From' field of emails.
* SECURITY FIX: Some invalid characters were allowed in members' email
* SECURITY FIX: Users could be redirected to an external site by inserting
special characters into the organisation's subdomain.
* A vote taking place under the 'veto' voting system now closes early if
all members vote in favour.
* Rails is upgraded to version 3.0.10.
Source and downloads at:
Thanks to Andrew Black and Darren McDonald for contributions, testing and reports for this release.