Fwd: Liquid Feedback - Interactive Democracy Tool

Martin Dittus

Apr 10, 2012, 3:34:22 PM4/10/12
to oneclickor...@googlegroups.com, oneclick...@googlegroups.com

Found a discussion on the Occupy-dev list with a good collection of democracy/voting tools. None of these seem to aim at supporting particular legal/commercial structures, the popular focus seems to be on implementing specific decision making processes, sometimes in particular political contexts.

The German Pirate Party's LiquidFeedback at this point is likely the most actively used tool.

m.

Begin forwarded message:

From: fragro <fra...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Occupy-dev] Liquid Feedback - Interactive Democracy Tool
Date: 26 March 2012 05:40:00 GMT+01:00
To: Pablo Segundo Garcia <pablo2...@gmail.com>

There is also Open Assembly, which has most of the features of LiquidFeedback like Schulze ranked voting. I am a developer on the project. We have shied away from proxy voting, because of sockpuppeting insecurities in nations such as the US where there is no national ID with which to register voters.

We will use clique detection and trust networks to help create secure votes, generally voters are registered at a central location anyways. Check it out, we're launching a new design on May 1st.

http://www.openassembly.org/

There are some other good lists for online democratic tools such as metagovernment that you should check out.

http://metagovernment.org/wiki/Main_Page

I'll probably send some to this list when we release the new design.

Frank Grove

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Pablo Segundo Garcia <pablo2...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am interested in that Pirate Party software!!  but since content is
in german have not been able to try it out yet. I contacted them to
see if we could colaborate and use their software.

I have a hunch it is the most advanced "liquid democracy" or "proxy
voting" software out there, but don't really know.

I would like to know of more lists of softwares for better political
communications. I know this one, but more around things with votes
around them:
http://e2d-international.org/wiki/index.php?title=E-Voting_Taskforce#e-Voting_Solutions

and this one with groups working around better democracy and citizen
voting/voicing (in spanish!):
http://partidodeinternet.es/wiki/Otros_movimientos

do you know of other lists, wiki pages, or groups working on this?

thanks

email: pablo2...@gmail.com
movil: 633 526 448 ; skype: pablo2all ; twitter: @pablo2garcia

----
Noticias seleccionadas por la gente: http://meneame.net
--
#corrigelared : Extensión para el navegador que hace que las webs
digan la verdad, y donde ponía PP o PSOE pase a poner PPSOE, donde

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pijajemakakoallndkhbpnmcghcnodko?hl=es-ES
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/es-ES/firefox/addon/ppsoe/
--
Un partido político interesante: http://patidodeinternet.es
promueve la http://democracialiquida.es

Libertas et Patria

Chris Mear

Nov 10, 2012, 1:10:46 PM11/10/12
to oneclick...@googlegroups.com, oneclickor...@googlegroups.com, oneclick...@googlegroups.com
I've popped these onto a new wiki page:

An idea that's come up a few times is to allow a third-party service to provide the decision-making machinery for a One Click org. This is a good collection of resources to start investigating this possibility.

Thanks,
Chris