Set timezone (timezone problem) in OneBusAway

Nicolas Derive

May 13, 2017, 11:21:11 AM5/13/17
to onebusaw...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I've some trouble trying to set up OBA.

I have a timezone problem with my GTFS-RT feed. In that feed, times are Unix epoch and this feed works properly with my OTP instance, but it seems that I've a +120min delta in all real time trips in OBA.

How can I fix that?

Thanks for your help.

Nicolas.

sjbarbeau

May 13, 2017, 12:56:52 PM5/13/17
to onebusaway-users
Nicolas,
Can you provide screenshots or system output showing the time difference?  For example, is this in the API responses, web UI, Android or iOS app?

Also, which version of OBA are you using, and is it the QuickStart or compiled WARs?

Sean

Nicolas Derive

May 14, 2017, 5:48:35 AM5/14/17
to onebusaw...@googlegroups.com, sjba...@gmail.com
Dear Sean,

I see that in both android app and web UI, with latest quickstart WAR (1.1.16). I haven't tested elsewhere.

Here are some screenshots from the android app, but in web UI, I also got 7200sec delay for vehicles that are on time in OTP (and checking in original real time feed, data is the same, they are on time)

Screenshot_2017-05-14-11-39-22.png
Screenshot_2017-05-14-11-39-02.png
Screenshot_2017-05-14-11-38-37.png
Screenshot_2017-05-14-11-38-11.png

Sheldon A. Brown

May 14, 2017, 8:35:37 AM5/14/17
to onebusaw...@googlegroups.com
Is the timezone of the server the same as the timezone of the GTFS-RT
feed? Things work best if that's the case.

If not, you can set the timezone of java by passing:

-Duser.timezone=Europe/Sofia

Sheldon

Nicolas Derive

May 14, 2017, 12:55:24 PM5/14/17
to onebusaw...@googlegroups.com, shel...@gmail.com
Dear Sheldon,

I tried both Europe/Paris and GMT timezones (as times in GTFS-RT are Unix epoch, GMT) and I saw no change unfortunately...

Best regards,

Nicolas