New OneBusAway Android v2.4.0 released to beta

Barbeau, Sean

Dec 11, 2018, 6:03:56 PM12/11/18
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com, onebusaw...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I just released a new beta for OneBusAway Android, v2.4.0, to Google Play.

This release has a few long-coming changes required by Android, including transitioning to runtime permissions and dealing with restrictions running in the background on Android 8.0 Oreo and higher.  This means that hopefully the “My reminders” feature is more reliable now on a number of devices.

I could use some extra help testing this release to make sure that nothing went horribly wrong when overhauling the app to address these items.

Here are the user-facing release notes:

·         Improved reminder reliability - Various changes to make reminders alert you at the right time.  You may notice extra "sticky" notifications when reminders trigger that help with reliability.

·         Improved notification management (Android 8.0 Oreo and up) - Manage notification sounds using the Android system menu under "Apps".

·         Improved trip status icon - Thanks Pokechu22!

·         Bug fixes - See http://bit.ly/oba-android-releases

Instructions to sign up for the beta are at:

https://github.com/OneBusAway/onebusaway-android/blob/master/BETA_TESTING.md#register-as-a-beta-tester

Full release notes at:

https://github.com/OneBusAway/onebusaway-android/releases/tag/v2.4.0

Feedback is welcome!

Thanks,

Sean

../../../../Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202018-01-17%20at%209.09.20%20Sean J. Barbeau, Ph.D.

Principal Mobile Software Architect for R&D

Center for Urban Transportation Research

University of South Florida

4202 E. Fowler Avenue, CUT100 | Tampa, FL 33620

813.974.7208 | QR Code | bar...@usf.edu

Barbeau, Sean

Dec 13, 2018, 4:13:13 PM12/13/18
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com, onebusaw...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I just pushed out v2.4.1, which includes a workaround to avoid the duplicate “sticky” notification when showing the reminder notification.

Please let me know if you see any changes in terms of reminder reliability!

Thanks,

Sean