Changing the Google Map API Key

riou...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2020, 9:46:12 AM12/17/20
to onebusaway-developers
Hello everyone,

I am trying to deploy a OneBusAway webapp instance to monitor some GTFS Realtime feeds I am creating. This instance is not meant to be shown to users but we want to share it with some our partners in transit agencies.

I was able to get the webapp up and running using the package onebusaway-quickstart-assembly-1.1.16-webapp.war

It works fine but then the map panel displays a dev use only disclaimer, which we want to get rid of. Do you have any pointers on how to get it done?

So far, I tried modifying the web pages code and repackage everything into a .war but we trying to lauch it I run into issues with Hibernate (Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [org/onebusaway/container/application-context-hibernate.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: Hibernate Dialect must be explicitly set)

Sean Barbeau

Dec 17, 2020, 3:08:41 PM12/17/20
to onebusaway-developers
Hi,
Sheldon can probably speak more to this, but the v1.x web UI, which was implemented using Google Web Toolkit, is effectively deprecated at this point with all development focused on v2, which uses a more modern Javascript-based approach. I don't know if the tool chain still exists to re-compile the v1 web UI with changes at this point. In theory these pages would have all the build info for v1:

Sean

riou...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2020, 3:46:03 PM12/17/20
to onebusaway-developers
Thank you for your answer,

I have been looking into deploying the v2 app using this guide : https://github.com/OneBusAway/onebusaway/wiki/Configuration-and-Deployment-Guide-for-v2.x
However in this guide it seems that the OBA app takes up the whole Tomcat server. I already have a Tomcat server with many apps. Is it possible to deploy the .war in the Tomcat Manager app as one would do with a servlet app?