Getting error 404 and SEVERE output when running tomcat8

Joshua RSI

Nov 5, 2020, 2:06:00 PM11/5/20
to onebusaway-developers
  Hello:
After following the Devlopment Guide for OBA v2.x, I have had a persistent error that reads as follows:

05-Nov-2020 14:59:30.705 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deploying web application directory [/var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/ROOT]
05-Nov-2020 14:59:33.444 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSourceFactory.getObjectInstance Name = appDB Ignoring unknown property: value of "DB Connection" for "description" property
05-Nov-2020 14:59:33.587 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
05-Nov-2020 14:59:33.739 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file
05-Nov-2020 14:59:33.744 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [] startup failed due to previous errors
05-Nov-2020 14:59:33.755 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deployment of web application directory [/var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/ROOT] has finished in [3,050] ms

I have made the mySQL db and successfully generated the gtfs bundle. Yet when running the tomcat8 server the following error shows, alongside a 404 error on the links listed to veryfy the deployment.

Joshua RSI

Nov 6, 2020, 1:36:58 AM11/6/20
to onebusaway-developers
I followed the guide again and redid everything. The 404 is still there. I tried to run the webapp in both tomcat7 and tomcat8 and both show 404 on all the generated links.

The following is the present error:
To view the complete log I uploaded the file in gdrive

Spcifically I get the following error when running the tomcat in either version.

Nov 06, 2020 2:20:59 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener]
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'serviceAreaServiceImpl': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setDefaultSearchLocationService' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error crea$Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userPropertiesService' defined in class path resource [org/onebusaway/users/application-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'org.onebusaway.users.impl.UserPropertiesServiceVersionedInvocationHandler#4fd77cb1$Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userPropertiesService' defined in class path resource [org/onebusaway/users/application-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'org.onebusaway.users.impl.UserPropertiesServiceVersionedInvocationHandler#4fd77cb1$R

Any help is greatly appreciated

Sheldon A. Brown

Nov 6, 2020, 5:32:15 PM11/6/20
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Hello Joshua

That specific exception means there is a spring misconfiguration. In
your data-sources.xml file for onebusaway-enterprise-acta-webapp you
need to define:

```
<bean id="serviceAreaServiceImpl"
class="org.onebusaway.presentation.impl.ServiceAreaServiceImpl">
<property name="calculateDefaultBoundsFromAgencyCoverage" value="true" />
</bean>
```

If this was missing in the example documentation let me know and I'll add it.

Sheldon

Joshua RSI

Nov 7, 2020, 6:11:24 PM11/7/20
to onebusaway-developers
Hello Sheldon:

First, thank you for helping. In reference to the guide, it has the following code in the data-source.xml for acta-webapp:
''''
    <bean id="serviceAreaServiceImpl" class="org.onebusaway.presentation.impl.ServiceAreaServiceImpl" />
'''
The error output changed
''''
07-Nov-2020 18:53:12.849 SEVERE [localhost-sta18:53:12.8 49Stop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener]

 org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'serviceAreaServiceImpl': Unsatisfied dependency  expressed through method 'setDefaultSearchLocationService' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'defaultSearchLocationServiceImpl': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setCurrentUserServirService' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No qualifying bean of type 'org.onebusaway.users.services.CurrentUserService' available: expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire candidate. Dependency annotations: {}
''''

Also this error appeared for the line code addition suggested.
'''''
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'serviceAreaServiceImpl': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setDefaultSearchLocationService' parameter 0; No qualifying bean of type 'org.onebusaway.users.services.CurrentUserService' available: expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire candidate. Dependency
''''
I took the following code from tyhe v1.x. guide and modified it for the acutalm implementation location. Pherhaps I used a depricated code.

<bean id="externalGeocoderImpl" class="org.onebusaway.geocoder.impl.FixedGeocoderImpl">
    <property name="lat" value="18.2044763" />
    <property name="lon" value="-67.1480571" />
    <property name="city" value="Mayaguez" />
    <property name="state" value="PR" />
    <property name="postalCode" value="00682" />
</bean>