Data issue on cloned OBA server

Brandon Perdue

Feb 17, 2023, 2:32:07 PM2/17/23
to onebusaway-developers
Hopefully this is a quick question, but I wanted to run it by the people here.  We have a new line of buses and routes that are going to go live a little later this year.  We wanted to test the data and systems for it so we cloned our OBA server to use for the new test data.  After it was cloned we reran the static data import using the old live data and it all worked fine.

Our issue is after we ran the onebusaway-transit-data-federation-builder data importer on the new static gtfs data it stopped working.  The api is active, and I can pull up the current-time.json endpoint, but when I do a request that tries to pull in any route data the connection just hangs until it eventually times out.  Also the /onebusaway-webapp/ url on the new server also times out.

The most obvious problem would be that something is structured wrong in the new static data, but I thought I should check here first.  Is there an issue pulling in fully new data to an existing OBA install?  Does that onebusaway-transit-data-federation-builder script wipe out the old data before it imports the new?  Could importing new data that is missing a lot of the old data cause a problem?