OBA v2 tomcat8 start references tomcat6

Joshua RSI

Nov 4, 2020, 1:50:37 PM11/4/20
to onebusaway-developers
Hello:
I have been following the Configuration and Development Guide for OBA v2. Ive created the OBA bundle with my gtfs and  followed the instructions as such. The only difference is that I am running Debian 10 on Windows (wsl). After configuring the specified files and running the tomcat8. The following errors shows:

04-Nov-2020 14:38:41.188 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/log/tomcat6/tds.2020-11-04.log (No such file or directory)

Additionaly all of the services show a 404 error. Tomcat8 is running yet no page is found only the default tomcat localhost:8080

Previously I was trying to build a OBA v1.1.19. But due to a depricated class when creating the webapp I was suggested to change to the latest OBA (v.2.x.x). Any help or suggestion on a common error or a OBA version preference is greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance

Joshua RSI

Nov 4, 2020, 7:44:59 PM11/4/20
to onebusaway-developers
If this is of any help:

When OBA was runing on tomcat8 it didn't have permission to change or create files on the log directory. After running the following line on terminal the tomcat8 ran without the errors. Altough I still have a 404 error on every page the log error is gone.

  sudo chown -R tomcat8:tomcat8 /var/log/tomcat8/