Generating new GTFS-RT feed

Walter Jenkins

Feb 16, 2021, 3:56:16 PM2/16/21
to onebusaway-developers
Hey,
I have worked with GTFS-RT as the consumer before mainly with web mapping, but I am looking into how to create a Realtime feed with the Transloc API and some GTFS scheduling data. Is this something that the OneBusAway Realtime API can help with or is this something that I would need to create with the Python Protobuff library?

onebusways-gtfs-realtime-api

Protocol Buffer Python Lib

Óg Crudden

Feb 16, 2021, 4:50:27 PM2/16/21
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Hi Walter,

TheTransitClock may be of use to you. It has an avl module for Transloc.

I have not used it but I expect it will serve as a good starting point.

Cheers,
Sean.

Walter Jenkins

Feb 16, 2021, 4:52:24 PM2/16/21
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Looks like I may be learning Java? Thanks for passing on the resource!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "onebusaway-developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/onebusaway-developers/CAKX%2ByejUp8OGkvXLLwOE%3DZrp1ang0%3DDLgQ_aD9SXP%2BgO9216nQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Sean Barbeau

Feb 17, 2021, 4:58:15 PM2/17/21
to onebusaway-developers
Walter,
As Sean C. says TransitClock would be a good place to look.

Several of the existing X-to-GTFS-realtime convertors have been built on top of the OBA onebusways-gtfs-realtime-api project you mentioned above. You can see a list of all the convertors I know about here:

Someone did build a Node.js TransLoc convertor:
IIRC the hard part is that the TransLoc API doesn't give you a trip_id that matches static GTFS, so it's hard to match real-time trips to static trips.

TransLoc has previously stated that they were developing a GTFS-realtime feed themselves, but it's apparently been in development for a while.

Sean