Google Summer of Code 2024: SDK's Development

ahmed hossam

Jun 15, 2024, 10:11:10 AMJun 15
to onebusaway-developers
Hello everyone,

Last week:

Read Documentation:

I went through the OpenAPI and Stainless docs. They contain a lot of details, but I’ve started to understand and apply the concepts.

Setting Up the Codebase:

I installed the codebase and encountered issues with the scripts as they were written for Unix systems. Since I'm using Windows, I discovered that using WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) or Git Bash is necessary to run them.

Understanding Methods:

I tested various methods and worked to understand their functionality.
API Key Global Implementation:

I attempted to make the API key global across all endpoints in the OpenAPI spec. While I have set it up in the OpenAPI specification, Stainless will add support for the API key in the parameter. For now, I'm using a workaround to achieve this.
Implementation of endpoints:

I implemented endpoint with full types and data models and I will use this pattern to implement the rest of endpoints.

Plans for Next Week:

I will continue to add more endpoints, focusing on the first four core endpoints.

Follow Best Practices:
I will strive to follow best practices as much as possible in my implementation.