REST API- Unable to access Plan-Trip Method

vishnuthej kandukuru

Apr 6, 2016, 7:48:00 PM4/6/16
to OneBusAway API
Hi all,

I am trying to access Plan trip API but i am unable to access as it is throwing DNS NOT FOUND error. I tried to access version 1 as well but no luck. Could you please provide me a URL or show me how to access it. Appreciate your help.

Tim

Apr 6, 2016, 7:57:00 PM4/6/16
to OneBusAway API
Speaking solely for the Puget Sound region:
soak-api was a server that Brian created as a sort of staging server for his changes.
The folks at Sound Transit may have their own internal testing server, but the public soak server disappeared quite some time ago.
Trip planning has been disabled for quite some time.

Sheldon A. Brown

Apr 7, 2016, 9:44:11 AM4/7/16
to onebusa...@googlegroups.com
Tim's information is correct. Moreover I've recently pulled some
changes that remove trip planning entirely from OBA. Its assumed trip
planning will happen in OpenTripPlanner or otherwise now.

Sheldon

vishnuthej kandukuru

Apr 7, 2016, 1:58:02 PM4/7/16
to OneBusAway API
Thanks for your reply..So is there is any way i can use an early version of it? or is it entirely out of context. May i know when are you planning to release it to production so i can use it.

cooki...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2016, 2:11:14 PM4/7/16
to onebusa...@googlegroups.com
You can grab the OBA source and run your own server. As Sheldon
mentioned, the code is being removed from the project which means it
will never be released to production.
> > email to onebusaway-ap...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
> <javascript:>.
> <https://groups.google.com/group/onebusaway-api>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Sean Barbeau

Apr 8, 2016, 5:00:07 PM4/8/16
to OneBusAway API
Here's where you can find out more about OpenTripPlanner:
http://www.opentripplanner.org/

Sean