departureEnabled Field

Peter Kohler

Mar 16, 2016, 8:11:19 PM3/16/16
to OneBusAway API

I was wondering if the departureEnabled and arrivalEnabled fields in the arrivals-and-departures-for-stop method should reflect what is in our GTFS file (stop_times - pickup_type and drop_off_type)?

Thanks!

Pete Kohler
RTC of Southern Nevada

Sheldon A. Brown

Mar 17, 2016, 8:30:51 AM3/17/16
to onebusa...@googlegroups.com
No, It looks like those are set based on if the vehicle is before the
start of the block or after the end of a block:

https://github.com/OneBusAway/onebusaway-application-modules/blob/master/onebusaway-transit-data-federation/src/main/java/org/onebusaway/transit_data_federation/impl/beans/ArrivalsAndDeparturesBeanServiceImpl.java#L281

Doing a quick scan of the APIs, it doesn't look like these field are
exposed, though they probably should be. My understanding is that
these are relatively new fields to GTFS so perhaps they just need to
be added to the API.

Sheldon