deploy onebusaway-gtfs-realtime-api

Mohamed jamel

Aug 5, 2020, 7:20:21 AM8/5/20
to OneBusAway API
Hi,
I would like  to produce gtfs realtime feed  , i already has a gps realtime info (lat,lon).
i check the onebusaway-gtfs-realtime-api and i want to use it in  my back-end.
but unfortunately i am not that good in java.
so is there anyone can help me?
Best regards

Sheldon A. Brown

Aug 5, 2020, 7:39:36 AM8/5/20
to onebusa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohamed,

take a look at:

https://github.com/OneBusAway/onebusaway-gtfs-realtime-exporter/wiki

It will require you learn a little bit of java, but the hard parts are
already figured out. You simply need to integrate with your data
source.

Good luck,

Sheldon

Mohamed jamel

Aug 6, 2020, 10:37:24 AM8/6/20
to OneBusAway API
Hi Sheldon,

thank you i will check it out later :) .
I'm also trying to deploy onebusaway-api in my server and i was wondering about the onebusaway api for the onebusaway sign mode
where it get the scheduled departure time and the minutes data from ?

Best regards

Sheldon A. Brown

Aug 7, 2020, 8:17:48 AM8/7/20
to onebusa...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

to run onebusaway sign mode, you need to setup OneBusAway with GTFS.
Do you have GTFS for your service? If so, follow this guide:
https://github.com/OneBusAway/onebusaway-application-modules/wiki/OneBusAway-Quickstart-Guide

It's a bit outdated, as OneBusAway is now on v2.0 and has a different
install process. I need to update that document when I get a chance.

Sheldon