System Down

Webmaster At RideSchedules

Apr 30, 2017, 5:30:09 AM4/30/17
to OneBusAway API
Hello,

I am seeing a lot of 404s for the past several days.  For example,

Sheldon A. Brown

Apr 30, 2017, 7:39:27 AM4/30/17
to onebusa...@googlegroups.com
That doesn't seem to be a valid stop. Did it used to be?  I can check old GTFS...

That server is slowly joining a regional effort, so there are multiple agencies present. That can be a source of 404s as some apps search all agencies for a given stop.

Sent from my mobile device (I'll be brief)

Sheldon A. Brown

Apr 30, 2017, 12:08:49 PM4/30/17
to onebusa...@googlegroups.com
No -- That stop hasn't existed since at least last December. It does
however exist for PSTA:

http://api.tampa.onebusaway.org/api/where/arrivals-and-departures-for-stop/PSTA_3558.json?key=[]&minutesAfter=480&minutesBefore=0

Any more details? Or do you think that is the problem?

Sheldon

Webmaster At RideSchedules

Apr 30, 2017, 10:44:01 PM4/30/17
to OneBusAway API
You're right. I forgot you're using the HTTP layer error codes for application semantics, which is on our "no no" list.

I checked again and it's all still Atlanta, but I think they know already.

Seeing the correct HTTP error codes would be a pleasant discovery, indeed.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Sheldon A. Brown

May 1, 2017, 6:39:32 AM5/1/17
to onebusa...@googlegroups.com