Empty Situations Element

Samuel Adranyi

Dec 16, 2016, 1:09:21 PM12/16/16
to OneBusAway API
Is there a way to get Service Advisory Information from the API when the situation element is empty.
I quick check on the agency's website shows there are several advisories in effect.

Sheldon A. Brown

Dec 16, 2016, 1:14:22 PM12/16/16
to onebusa...@googlegroups.com
For which OBA deployment? Not all OBA's are hooked into the agency
Service Alert feeds (which is exactly the case for KCM if that is what
you are referring to).

Sheldon

sjbarbeau

Dec 19, 2016, 11:25:28 AM12/19/16
to OneBusAway API
As Sheldon says, short answer is no.  If the agency supplies a GTFS-realtime Service Alerts feed, that can be fed into the local OneBusAway server for that region.  But if they don't, then there is no (simple) way to get the existing alerts info into OneBusAway (or Google Maps, or any other third-party app).

So, if the agency you're referring to is one that doesn't supply alerts in the GTFS-realtime format, I'd strongly encourage you to voice your preference to the agency that they start!

Sean