Elfin explosion at Sandy Lake Road

hald...@gmail.com

May 10, 2024, 7:49:49 PMMay 10
to Ontario Butterflies
On May 6 I visited Sandy Lake Road, and I have never seen so many elfins. In one area, over a period of 3 hours, I counted more than 100 elfins. Probably half were hoary elfins, but numerous browns, eastern pines, and henry's. It seems this year is a big year for a number of species, not just red admirals.

Kathryn Lloyd

May 10, 2024, 9:02:06 PMMay 10
to Ontario Butterflies
Wow - that sounds amazing.  What area is Sandy Lake Road in?  I live north of Toronto.

Chris Cheatle

May 10, 2024, 9:49:37 PMMay 10
to Kathryn Lloyd, Ontario Butterflies
It is approximately 45 minutes to an hour northeast of Peterborough

Kathryn Lloyd

May 11, 2024, 8:07:24 PMMay 11
to Ontario Butterflies
Thanks Chris.  :-)