Two Zaboulon Skippers at Black Oak Heritage Park in Windsor

Dwayne Murphy

May 14, 2024, 5:48:02 PMMay 14
to onbutt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Y'all,

I photographed a female Zaboulon Skipper at Black Oak in Windsor this afternoon.
I has walked 800m - 1km from the spot that I saw the female and I believe I photographed a male version of this species.

I will look this species up on I-Naturalist to see if others are migrating up through Ohio and Michigan.

Good butterfly watching,
Dwayne
Inline image

Inline image

Sincerely,

Dwayne Murphy
"Carpe Diem"

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone. Please send us by fax any message containing deadlines as incoming e-mails are not screened for response deadlines. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.

rick cavasin

May 14, 2024, 7:38:34 PMMay 14
to Ontario Butterflies
They've been reported in the area fairly consistently for a couple of years now. This suggests there's a local population established, but I guess it's hard to prove one way or the other.