How to make it easier for respondents to select people - use the filter.

caik...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2008, 9:18:19 PM8/31/08
to onasurveys
Imagine this: Your respondent is looking at a screen with 200 names on
it. Even though they appear in alphabetical order it is still a long
list to go through. How can you make it easier?

You can make it easier by capturing as much information about the
respondents up front. For instance, collect attributes such as
location, business unit or discipline. Once you have captured and
uploaded it (Step 3 when setting up the survey) it will be available
to the respondents as a filter.

This means that your respondents can choose to filter by one of the
attributes you provide. So, using the example above your respondent
can choose to filter by e.g. business unit and only see the people in
their own area. Suddenly the list is now made up of 30 names rather
than 200.

All the best.

Cai Kjaer
www.onasurveys.com

Patti Anklam

Aug 5, 2017, 11:44:32 AM8/5/17
to ONA Surveys Forum

Hi,

I am late to finally experimenting with setting a filter, but not having much luck.

I have set "Filtered" as the node selection, and in the Names List I have a column with the attribute "Department".
On the preview, there is a grey horizontal bar with the word "Filter" but there is not any list of filters so no way for the respondent to select a filter.

Have tried various combinations of "Use drop down search" and "other options but nothing seems to get me to what I expect. Is there something else that needs to be set? Or the attributes in the name list specified in some particular way?

thanks,

/patti

(experimentation hampered by extremely slow response time. Is your server well?)

caik...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2017, 8:19:04 AM8/7/17
to ONA Surveys Forum
Hi Patti,

Here's how it's supposed to be working. For example, you have 100 people on your node list and they work for 10 different departments (10 in each to make it simple). In your node list you have said that Patti works in "HR" and Cai works in "Finance" (there's a "department" column where this is captured).

In ONA Surveys, you set the node selection to filtered. What then happens is that the total list of all 100 people will appear, and you'll see the department filter just above the box where all the names are listed. When you choose "HR" from the dropdown Patti and her 9 other HR colleagues will appear, but the remaining 90 names are hidden.

Every attribute you have in the nodelist will appear as a filter (except from name and email address), so if you have for instance added "Department", "Location" etc then these will be visible as filter options as well. You can only apply one filter at the time.

I hope this all makes sense.

Cheers,
Cai