Google sheets update from ONA

Paul Reglinski

Feb 28, 2022, 7:01:34 AM2/28/22
to Ona Community
Hi ONA community

I have noticed that the direct link from ONA to google sheets is no longer very consistent. Sometimes its taking days to refresh, other times 30 - 40 minutes and occasionally almost instantly. Can someone give me an update on what is happening with this issue? I am working with a system that's fairly reliant on the google sheets being kept up to date more or less as soon as changes are made to ONA form entries.

Many thanks

Paul

George from Ona

Mar 1, 2022, 1:14:08 AM3/1/22
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com

This message was sent to the following 2 people: ona-co...@googlegroups.com, paulre...@googlemail.com. Replying to this email will notify them.

Hi Paul,

Apologies for any inconvenience this issue has caused you and your team. We have been able to replicate the delay in pushing records to google sheets and are working on a fix.

Regards,

George.

George George from Ona
--
Collect, Analyze and Share Data - https://ona.io/
---

intercom

George from Ona

Apr 20, 2022, 8:47:32 AM4/20/22
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com

This message was sent to the following 2 people: ona-co...@googlegroups.com, paulre...@googlemail.com. Replying to this email will notify them.

Dear Paul,

We are checking in to see if there has been any improvement in how fast the ONA records are pushed to Google sheets. Is there still a significant lag?

Regards,

George.

George George from Ona

On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 03:01 PM, "ona-co...@googlegroups.com" <ona-co...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi ONA community

I have noticed that the direct link from ONA to google sheets is no longer very consistent. Sometimes its taking days to refresh, other times 30 - 40 minutes and occasionally almost instantly. Can someone give me an update on what is happening with this issue? I am working with a system that's fairly reliant on the google sheets being kept up to date more or less as soon as changes are made to ONA form entries.

Many thanks

Paul

--
Collect, Analyze and Share Data - https://ona.io/
---

intercom
Message has been deleted

Tyler Depke

Jul 13, 2023, 3:50:42 PM7/13/23
to Ona Community
I'm using the Google Sheets integration for the first time and just testing things out. I added a form submission via enketo that immediately updated to Ona and Google Sheets, however, when I deleted the entry from ONA, I still haven't seen that entry removed from Google Sheets. It has been maybe 20 minutes and I'm just wondering what the typical response time is expected to be.

Thank you,

Tyler

Jenn from Ona

Jul 14, 2023, 2:23:40 AM7/14/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com

Hello Tyler,

Thank you for contacting us and we apologize for the issue you are facing.

Could try refreshing and confirm if Google Sheets is now updated? Also, you can disconnect and create a new connection and confirm if the records are updated.

Let me know in case you have further queries.

Regards,

Jenn

Jenn

Ona

Tyler Depke

Jul 18, 2023, 10:47:57 AM7/18/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com
After refreshing it still was not removing the submission from Google Sheets that I had removed from Ona. I did remove and re add the google sheets integration/connection and the new google sheet that populated did not populate with that deleted entry so that is good. It is a workaround but this does lead to other questions.

I'm still wondering though about deleting bad entries or in cases where I would need to edit users data in Ona how that will affect Google Sheets. Should I expect that these will not update through existing google sheets integrations and that I'll need to remove and re-add each time I need to update my google sheet to the Ona data? While I see that this is a workaround that could work, I'm just wanting to figure out how to format my google sheets so that I can properly view live data. If there is likely to be ongoing connection issues, I'll likely just need to create a separate google sheet that has a sheet inside that just uses the IMPORTRANGE function and change that to the new ID of the new google sheet that is created when the google sheet integration is readded via Ona.

Has anyone else had similar issues or resolved this?

Thanks,

Tyler

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Ona Community" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ona-community/f48c43a4-d8fe06b9-1689315817-63366200415517%40outbound.intercom.ona.io.

Jenn from Ona

Jul 19, 2023, 2:48:12 AM7/19/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com

We have not encountered this before but I will consult and follow up with our technical team on the issue. At the moment you can use the workaround.

Jenn

Ona

--
Collect, Analyze and Share Data - https://ona.io/
---
---

budi yanto

Jul 28, 2023, 2:15:27 AM7/28/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com

Jenn from Ona

Jul 28, 2023, 4:09:04 AM7/28/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com

Hello Tyler,

I am writing to give you an update that our technical team is still looking into this issue and I shall get back to you with feedback once I get it.

Regards,

Jenn

Jenn

Ona

intercom

Jenn from Ona

Tyler Depke

Jul 28, 2023, 12:16:32 PM7/28/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com
Jenn,

It looks like the issue is fixed. I created a new entry, it appeared immediately, and then deleted it, and it was removed from Google Sheets in less than 30 seconds.

Thanks for working on this and I'll let you all know if I run into any other issues!

Tyler

--
Collect, Analyze and Share Data - https://ona.io/
---

Jenn from Ona

Tyler Depke

Aug 24, 2023, 9:35:13 PM8/24/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com
Jenn,

I'm having issues again with Google Sheets integration. I just submitted a form via a mobile phone today, about 50 entries. None of them are showing up in the connected Google Sheet. They finished uploading about an hour ago. In the past, it didn't take this long for the Google Sheet to update. Perhaps there is just lag because the servers are quite active??

Here is the database I'm referring to:

Tyler

Evans from Ona

Aug 25, 2023, 3:17:54 AM8/25/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com

Hello Tyler,

Thank you for contacting us.

I have noticed this message was sent a couple of hours ago. Could you confirm whether the records are showing now?

Regards,

Evans

Evans

Ona

intercom

Tyler Depke

Aug 25, 2023, 3:24:50 PM8/25/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com
Evans,

It looks like the data from yesterday came in. I did about another 50 submissions or so today that I don't see yet. Perhaps it's taking 12-24 hours or so to update?

Tyler

--
Collect, Analyze and Share Data - https://ona.io/
---

Tyler Depke

Aug 26, 2023, 8:06:06 PM8/26/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com
Evans,

I'm just wanting to keep you in the loop. I'm still not seeing any updates on my google sheet for the submissions that occurred about 30 hrs ago.

Tyler

Evans from Ona

Aug 28, 2023, 2:11:14 AM8/28/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com

Hello Tyler,

Could you confirm whether right now there are updates to the Google Sheet?

Regards,

Evans

Evans

Ona

intercom

Tyler Depke

Aug 28, 2023, 7:46:08 AM8/28/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com
I see them now/ it’s been updated.

Tyler

--
Collect, Analyze and Share Data - https://ona.io/
---

Jenn from Ona

Aug 28, 2023, 8:27:17 AM8/28/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com

Hello Tyler,

Glad the records were updated.

However, I wanted to point out that the update delay may be caused by the large number of media files in your form. Have you noticed the same on other forms that may not have media files?

Regards,

Jenn

Jenn

Ona

intercom

Tyler Depke

Aug 31, 2023, 5:03:42 PM8/31/23
to ona-co...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I did a trial with a shorter one that doesn't have media files and it uploads nearly instantly.

Thanks again!

Tyler