Welcome

Andrew Stolarz

Jun 6, 2014, 1:57:09 PM6/6/14
to omnis-stu...@googlegroups.com

Hello Everyone,

There has been a lot of discussions in the past regarding movement of the Omnis group discussions to web based forms vs email based. The overall consensus was users prefer email based discussions….these discussions ended and we are still in same place.

- Lets make it 1000x easier to find results to issues.

- Lets make it 1000x easier for developers who have no idea what Omnis Studio is come up in search results as they are finding issues to problems.

- Lets be able to add attachments to issues.

- Lets grow the Omnis developer community.

- Lets bring Omnis Group discussions to the 21st century.

I have created a new group on google forms called:

http://groups.google.com/group/omnis-studio-users

You have options to either post/view threads from within the web, or you can post/reply to threads by email, just as you do now. After joining the group, you can start posting by email to:  omnis-stu...@googlegroups.com. You can also setup an email account that sends emails to both groups to see if this new group “takes off”.

I have no idea who is currently managing the lists, please private message me and I can add you as an admin. We can also try to figure out how to get old posts into the web to make the push.

Andrew

Jim Pistrang

Jun 7, 2014, 10:51:50 AM6/7/14
to omnis-stu...@googlegroups.com
I'm not convinced that this is the way to go but I am curious.  Can I set up my membership so I receive an email for every post to the group?

Jim

Jim Pistrang

Jun 7, 2014, 10:53:50 AM6/7/14
to omnis-stu...@googlegroups.com
Hi anyone,

This is a test reply to my own mssage.

Jim

--
Jim Pistrang
JP Computer Resources

Mohamed Miro

Jun 7, 2014, 3:52:27 PM6/7/14
to omnis-stu...@googlegroups.com
Here in Kenya, we call this kind of move "Moving from analogue to digital". A lot of us are old school and are used to doing things the old ways. My personal view is that this is a good move and all we need to do is get used to it. And the "functionality" is much more including adding attachments. This I believe will be a key feature which we will end up not being able to do without it in the future. And for those who still prefer the emailing system, well when you register, you have the option to subscribe to receiving as emails as well.

Kudos to this move Andrew.

Rgrds

Moh.

kjtg...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2014, 5:38:21 AM6/10/14
to omnis-stu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

This is better as the list ...that's true ... but
still ... things like stack overflow are well indexed by google and the things posted there are for years afterwards .
If we only have a discussion platform ; a normal forum would be best , but take a look at github if it comes to sharing code and helping each other

regards

Kris