Browse Protocol Patch

1 view

Michal Wallace

Apr 28, 2009, 3:04:48 AM4/28/09
to OmniBrowser Development
Hi there!

The Protocol Browser wasn't working at all in squeak-dev for squeak
3.10
because CompiledMethod doesn't understand the "category" method.
I patched OBMethodCategoryNode >> allMethods to look it up with
MethodReference instead.

Thanks to matthewf on the #squeak IRC channel, I managed to get it
saved
into Monticello here:

http://source.wiresong.ca/ob/OB-Standard-mjw.405.mcz

I'm brand new to the squeak world and not sure what to do
next to get this added to the main OB distribution, so I figured
I'd post here and maybe someone would point me in the right
direction? :)

-Michal Wallace
http://withoutane.com/

David Röthlisberger

Apr 28, 2009, 9:36:04 AM4/28/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michal,

thanks a lot for this fix! :)

> I'm brand new to the squeak world and not sure what to do
> next to get this added to the main OB distribution, so I figured
> I'd post here and maybe someone would point me in the right
> direction? :)

You already did the right thing by committing the patch to
http://source.wiresong.ca/ob.
There is nothing more you need to do. I had a look at your patch and merged it into
my version. Future versions of OB will thus contain your patch.

Thanks again,
David

Duncan Mak

Apr 29, 2009, 6:20:58 PM4/29/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much for writing this patch! I wrote the Protocol Browser
for OB with Juraj Kubelka two summers ago, and stopped using Squeak
for a while after finishing that. Recently, I've been wanting to hack
on Squeak again and was saddened to see that the Protocol Browser was
not available in any of the images from the various Squeak
distributions.

Now you've made it come alive again!

Muchas gracias!

--