official repository for Omni-Browser?

1 view

Ken G. Brown

Jul 11, 2009, 12:45:55 PM7/11/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com
I'm wondering which is the official repository for Omni-Browser?

I am aware of the following two:
<http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser>
<http://source.wiresong.ca/ob>

What are the differences?

Which is the latest code that is loadable in and compatible with Squeak 3.10.2?

Is there somewhere that explains what the different OB packages are for and what packages need to be loaded for which functionality?

Thx,
Ken G. Brown

Bergel, Alexandre

Jul 11, 2009, 12:56:12 PM7/11/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com
> I'm wondering which is the official repository for Omni-Browser?
>
> I am aware of the following two:
> <http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser>

This repository gathers different extension made by Lukas.

> <http://source.wiresong.ca/ob>

This repository is being maintained by David (roet...@iam.unibe.ch)
essentially. This repo contains OBPackageBrowser, the browser adopted
by Pharo

> What are the differences?

David is working on a package browser, whereas Lukas has put effort on
a class-category browser.

> Which is the latest code that is loadable in and compatible with
> Squeak 3.10.2?

I think David paid attention that his code works on Squeak.

> Is there somewhere that explains what the different OB packages are
> for and what packages need to be loaded for which functionality?

Not that I am aware of. I authored a documentation on Pharo, the
publication section on my webpage contains a link to it.

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel http://www.bergel.eu

Ken G. Brown

Jul 11, 2009, 1:26:11 PM7/11/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com
Thx!

You seem to have been busy.
I see the following:

3. Alexandre Bergel, Stéphane Ducasse, Colin Putney, and Roel Wuyts, Creating Sophisticated Development Tools with OmniBrowser, Published in Computer Languages, Systems and Structures, 2007, Elsevier, Impact Factor 0.467, Web link

14. Alexandre Bergel, Stephane Ducasse, Colin Putney, and Roel Wuyts, Meta-Driven Browsers, In Proceedings of the International Smalltalk Conference, ESUG Academic Track 2006, Prague, Czech Republic, LNCS, Springer-Verlag, Volume 4406, pp. 134-156, September, 2006, PDF

40. Alexandre Bergel, Stephane Ducasse, Colin Putney, and Roel Wuyts, The Omnibrowser Reference, 2007, PDF, Unpublished

Which were you referring to?

Ken

Bergel, Alexandre

Jul 11, 2009, 1:36:29 PM7/11/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com
http://bergel.eu/download/OmnibrowserReference.pdf
will give you a pretty good overview of the framework. You will also
be able to create simple but effective browser. The documentation does
not cover very last feature of OB although.

Cheers,
Alexandre