Fwd: Hierarchy senders looping?

stephane ducasse

Aug 27, 2009, 11:38:20 AM8/27/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com

> From: stephane ducasse <stephane...@free.fr>
> Date: August 27, 2009 5:01:30 PM CEDT
> To: omnibro...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Hierarchy senders looping?
>
> Hi guys
>
> Apparently hierarchy senders is looping forever.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?updated=1034
>
> Is it a known issue in OB?
>
> Stef

Colin Putney

Aug 27, 2009, 8:41:05 PM8/27/09

On 27-Aug-09, at 8:38 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> Apparently hierarchy senders is looping forever.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?updated=1034
>
> Is it a known issue in OB?
>
> Stef

Hi Stef,

That link shows a list of bugs, none of which seem to mention
hierarchy senders.

As for the bug itself, I can't seem to replicate it with OB 2.02 on
Squeak 3.10. Maybe it's an issue with the Pharo branch.

Colin

Lukas Renggli

Aug 28, 2009, 1:50:55 AM8/28/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com
>> Apparently hierarchy senders is looping forever.
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?updated=1034
>>
>> Is it a known issue in OB?

I can't reproduce it either (Pharo), but maybe I am using the wrong code?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

stephane ducasse

Aug 28, 2009, 2:42:23 AM8/28/09

On Aug 28, 2009, at 7:50 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>>> Apparently hierarchy senders is looping forever.
>>>
>>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?updated=1034
>>>
>>> Is it a known issue in OB?
>
> I can't reproduce it either (Pharo), but maybe I am using the wrong
> code?

I do not know I thought I was using your install of the latest OB.
If you take the latest pharo (non core) you can see that bug

Stef

stephane ducasse

Aug 28, 2009, 2:44:39 AM8/28/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com
damien which version are you loading in the pharo-dev image?
I thought you used lukas scripts?

Stef

Damien Cassou

Aug 28, 2009, 3:57:05 AM8/28/09
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 2:41 AM, Colin Putney<cpu...@wiresong.ca> wrote:
> That link shows a list of bugs, none of which seem to mention
> hierarchy senders.

Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Damien Cassou

Aug 28, 2009, 4:03:22 AM8/28/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 8:44 AM, stephane
ducasse<stephane...@gmail.com> wrote:
> damien which version are you loading in the pharo-dev image?
> I thought you used lukas scripts?

The versions I load in Pharo (formerly known as pharo-dev) are
described in detail in the packages.txt file in the zip archive. The
script used to load them is also in the archive and is named
installScript.st. Please have a look at them for more information.

stephane ducasse

Aug 28, 2009, 4:37:01 AM8/28/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com
ok thanks

Stef

Colin Putney

Aug 28, 2009, 1:39:53 PM8/28/09

On 28-Aug-09, at 12:57 AM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 2:41 AM, Colin Putney<cpu...@wiresong.ca>
> wrote:
>> That link shows a list of bugs, none of which seem to mention
>> hierarchy senders.

Thanks.

Still can't reproduce it though.

Colin

stephane ducasse

Aug 28, 2009, 4:25:04 PM8/28/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com
I chekced again on a pharo-dev image and it is really slow.
Around 10 s to refresh the list on the left so it does not loop forever

Stef